Uppingham School, one of Britain’s leading co-educational independent boarding schools, has recently redesigned its cleaning services and, as a result, we have this exciting role to fill. This particular role would suit an experienced cleaner who will play a key role ensuring that our cleaning strategy is implemented to ensure cleanliness of our historic buildings and boarding houses. Our cleaners take real pride in what they do, and their hard work shows.
As Cleaning Supervisor, you will be a member of a two-person team responsible for the cleaning and laundry activities across the school campus, which comprises of boarding houses, classrooms, offices and academic buildings.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Supervising cleaners to carry out cleaning and laundry services
• Ensuring high standards of hygiene and appearance and uniform and PPE is worn
• Organising cleaning routines and schedules
• Monitoring and controlling cleaning stocks
• Ensuring cleaners are trained in the safe use of equipment and chemicals
• Ensuring safety signage is used appropriately and staff are trained appropriately
• Providing operational induction training for new starters
If you are a hardworking, committed, enthusiastic and positive person with previous experience in professional cleaning and laundry services along with a cleaning or housekeeping NVQ or equivalent with a hands-on approach and good understanding of health and safety we would be delighted to hear from you.
In return, Uppingham School offer a range of benefits, which include:
• A contributory pension scheme
• Private healthcare
• Free lunches, during term-time
• Full membership of Uppingham School Sports Centre for a subsidised fee
• School fee discount scheme for day pupils for children of staff
• Training and development opportunities
• Sodexo benefits portal, with discounts at high street shops, supermarkets, holidays etc
• Discounted RAC membership
• Favourable rates and terms with local nursery
Location: Uppingham, Oakham
Salary: £17,409 per annum
Job Type: Permanent, Part Time: 30 hours per week, 43 working weeks per year. Working week based on a rota, but on average will be 8am to 3pm 5 days a week. Rota will include 1 in 3 weekend working.
Closing date: 9am, Monday 26th October 2020.
Uppingham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Successful candidates must be willing to undergo full screening in accordance with Keeping Children Safe in Education (KCSiE), including an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. Issues relating to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils will be explored at interview.
You may have experience of the following: Cleaner, Cleaning Operative, Cleaning Assistant, Cleaning Supervisor, Equipment Cleaner, Equipment Cleaning, Commercial Cleaner, Housekeeping Assistant, Housekeeper, Hospitality Assistant, etc.
£17409 per annum
about 1 month ago