I am looking for a chef to join an excellent contract catering company in Oxford. The role will be to produce meals for approximately 50 to 60 students and staff.
- The Role: Chef
- The Location: St Giles, Oxford
- The Salary: £11.25 per hour = £21,060 per annum
- The days: Tuesday to Saturday
- The Hours: Tuesday - Friday 1pm to 8:30pm + Saturday - 10am to 6:30pm
- You will be working alongside the chef manager and second chef during the day and will then be alone for dinner service.
- You must be capable of delivering the food requirements for the client on your own and following food hygiene requirements.
- As part of a small team you will be responsible for cleaning down the kitchen areas and any pots, pans and utensils used.
- The FOH staff will clean all of the crockery and cutlery.
- The ideal candidate will be customer focused, have experience of working in a similar environment, and be able to cook fresh nutritious food and a good team player.
- Excellent training opportunities and uniform is provided.
- To manage an efficient and effective catering operation in accordance with client requirements, company standards and statutory regulations.
- To ensure that legal and company requirements are adhered to in respect of Hygiene, Health & Safety, Employment Law, and Food Safety Law for all staff, visitors and customers.
- To ensure that all the unit standards, stock control and security procedures are accurate and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- To ensure full catering services are provided as agreed within the client contract.
- Is someone with a desire and passion to cook with fresh quality ingredients sources from local producers?
- Demonstrates similar experience in a contract catering position.
Unfortunately, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we can only respond to applicants with relevant work experience.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.