Amey has been appointed as 'Managing Agent' by Transport for Wales (TfW) to deliver Design, Project Management, Commercial Management with associated Railway Systems Management. TfW have appointed 3 specific contractors (Infrastructure Delivery Partners) to deliver the works.
This role will be to manage one of the IDP's to deliver the 'Stations, Civils & Ancillary Buildings' scope, reporting ultimately to TfW.
Your role will be to ensure compliance with the Amey systems, processes and procedures to deliver post contract management on numerous Contracts varying between £5m and £25m p.a. in value, and a total of c£100m over 4 years.
This is an opportunity to work within a unique Transformational Project within South Wales and gain exposure to a wide range of works on a multidisciplinary Rail Project within a dynamic and challenging environment.
What is the purpose of this role?
Based full time at Trefforest you will support the Senior Commercial Manager in implementing day to day commercial management on a number of target cost contracts; delivering Detailed Design and the associated Project Management Organisation to support delivery of the Core Valley Lines Transformation Works Project for Transport for Wales.
What will this role involve?
- Implement commercial processes to ensure contractual entitlement is realised.
- Implement Group commercial processes for cost capture, valuation, procurement and reporting. Management of Subcontractor accounts in line with agreed subcontract.
- Play a leading role in the Management Team. Manage and/or carry out if required all normal quantity surveying duties.
- Work within the strict deadlines required under the Contract(s) and as required by the Company.
- Exercise full cost control of project(s) including providing and monitoring budgets and forecasts in conjunction with the Project Manager/Senior Commercial Manager.
- Leading on the production of weekly/monthly cost and value reconciliations and forecasts and advising the Project Manager/Senior Commercial Manager thereof.
- Assist and advise the Project Manager/Senior Commercial Manager in ensuring timely issuing of all notices required under the Contract(s).
- Identify the existence of all variations (changes) to the works in conjunction with other project team members Identify the existence of any "claim" and "extension of time" situations in conjunction with other project team members.
- Endeavour to ensure that all contemporary records are kept by the project team members for use in supporting claims, extensions of time, and the evaluation of variations.
- Manage all aspects of subcontract procurement and payment.
- Support the tender processes and strategy as required.
- Provide commercial and financial feed-back to the Estimators.
- Provide all cost/commercial information required under the Contract(s) (S-Curves, Forecasts)
- Ensure that the Client receives no commercial "surprises".
What are we looking for?
- Degree qualification (RICS accredited or equivalent) is desirable, or able to demonstrate a proven track record in quantity surveying / commercial management with supervisory experience, it would be beneficial if this experience has been gained in a Railway and/or Client environment.
- A solid knowledge of commercial and financial procedures and reporting will be vital in ensuring compliance as well as a general knowledge of Railway Construction works and Planning and Programming of Construction Works.
- Strong commercial and financial acumen.
- Ability to time-manage, set priorities and work to strict deadlines.
- Methodical style of working.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products especially Excel and Word.
- Strong desire to further Client relationships whilst ensuring that contractual entitlements are not compromised.
- Team player
- Motivation and desire to succeed
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Sound knowledge of contracts and awareness of industry issues
- Good health and safety awareness
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that's why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.