Do you have a proven track record in quantity surveying / commercial management with significant senior experience in experience in Asset Management / TFM or Built Environment construction?
Here at Amey we have an opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor trained individual with experience of procuring labour and materials to join the team. You must be able to travel to sites across the M62 corridor and the midlands and build relationships with supply chain partners.
To succeed you will have substantial experience in Commercial and Sub-contractor management at a senior level within a complex matrix organisation. Experience of PFI contracts an advantage.
- Support the development and delivery of the sub-contract supply chain vision and strategy for the Secure Infrastructure business
- Develop sub-contractor engagement strategies and align our supply chain in support of our customer needs and aspirations
- Develop a strategic subcontract tracker to enable at a glance data on where the pinch points are / step in support etc
- Manage all aspects of sub-contractor procurement for contracts and bids
- Support the tender processes and strategy as required
- Participate in regular monthly project (contract & tender) meetings
- Contribute to and deliver allocated aspects of the annual supply chain business plan driving through cost and value benefits with the supplier chain
- Work with Operations to develop & implement category strategies and Framework Agreements within the overall supply chain strategy
- Own allocated Amey supplier relationships at a strategic level, enabling leverage to be used when required to meet specific business requirements
- Degree qualification (RICS accredited or equivalent), OR able to demonstrate a proven track record in quantity surveying / commercial management with significant experience in a senior role.
- Experience in Asset Management / TFM or Built Environment construction
- Substantial experience in Commercial and Sub-contractor Management at a senior level within a complex matrix organisation.
- A professional qualification is desirable.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills are essential, and the role will require strong skills in managing a range of stakeholder relationships.
Salary / benefits
This Band C role attracts a competitive salary, 24 days holiday (plus bank holidays), 37.5 hour working week, contributory pension, and access to a range of Amey savings and benefits.
Role located north of England/Midlands
What makes this role unique?
You will ensure compliance with the Amey systems, processes and procedures to deliver post contract management on Contracts between £5m and £25m p.a.