Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that's why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
This is a Regional Commercial Manager role within our Secure Infrastructure Division looking after the maintenance and reactive maintenance prisons contracts - around 30 sites with a value of £40m. This is typically low value, high volume jobs.
You will have quantity surveying skills, alongside strong spreadsheet and SAP skills and be able to answer contract queries.
Whilst the role can be undertaken remotely, there will be a need to travel (post Covid) to across the north west corridor and to Birmingham.
What will this role involve?
- Implement commercial processes to ensure contractual entitlement is realised
- Implement Group commercial processes for cost capture, valuation, procurement and reporting
- Responsible for creation of robust coding structure to facilitate accurate cost capture
- Management of Subcontractor accounts in line with agreed subcontract
- Establish agreed benchmarks and KPIs for the Contract
- Play a leading role in the Management Team Manage and/or carry out if required all normal quantity surveying duties
- Comply with the Amey Values
- Ensure maximum recovery of all contractual entitlements
- Manage up to 6 direct reports
- Work within the strict deadlines required under the Contract(s) and as required by the Company
- Prepare commercial reports including Cost Value Reconciliations and cash flows
- Exercise full cost control of project(s) including providing and monitoring budgets and forecasts in conjunction with the Project Manager/Senior Commercial Manager
- Leading on the production of weekly/monthly cost and value reconciliations and forecasts and advising the Project Manager/Senior Commercial Manager thereof
- Assist and advise the Project Manager/Senior Commercial Manager in ensuring timely issuing of all notices required under the Contract(s)
- Identify the existence of all variations (changes) to the works in conjunction with other project team members
- Identify the existence of any "claim" and "extension of time" situations in conjunction with other project team members
- Endeavour to ensure that all contemporary records are kept by the project team members for use in supporting claims, extensions of time, and the evaluation of variations Manage all aspects of subcontract procurement and payment
- Support the tender processes and strategy as required
- Provide commercial and financial feed-back to the Estimators
- Provide commercial support as required / directed Maintain professional working relationships at all times Provide all cost/commercial information required under the Contract(s) (S-Curves, Forecasts)
- Ensure that the Client receives no commercial "surprises" Submit in a timely manner applications for payment, and endeavour to ensure the Client issues payment certificates in accordance with the Contract(s) With each
What are we looking for?
- Degree qualification (RICS accredited or equivalent) is desirable, or able to demonstrate a proven track record in quantity surveying / commercial management with significant experience in a senior role
- Competent in SAP
- Strong commercial and financial acumen
- Ability to time-manage, set priorities and work to strict deadlines
- Methodical style of working
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products especially Excel and Word
- Strong desire to further Client relationships whilst ensuring that contractual entitlements are not compromised
- Team player
- Determination to develop and coach junior members of the commercial team
- Motivation and desire to succeed
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good communication skills
- Good negotiation skills Sound knowledge of contracts
- Awareness of industry issues
- Good health and safety awareness Environmental awareness for managers IOSH managing Safely Environmental awareness tool box talk Card CSCS Platinum - management