Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that's why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
Are you a Quantity Surveyor with Target Cost and Rail or Civils experience, seeking a role near Cardiff?
Working on the Core Valley Lines project on behalf of Transport for Wales, this project will require a hands on QS with significant target cost experience and strong cost control.
Excellent excel skills combined with the ability to relationship build with a wide variety of stakeholders is crucial. This exciting project will provide outstanding experience of a big civils project.
You will be working at Treforest, managing the relationship with a Tier 1 sub contractor and reporting to a Senior Commercial Manager
What will this role involve?
- Implement commercial best practice to maximise value and minimise risk and cost to Amey
- Implement commercial processes to ensure our contractual entitlements are realised
- Implement Amey's commercial processes for cost capture, valuation, procurement, reporting and value recognition rules
- Agree with the finance team a robust SAP coding structure to facilitate accurate cost capture
- Procure Subcontracts and management of Subcontractor accounts
- Prepare, review and evaluate subcontract enquiries and quotations, liaising with procurement team
- Play a key role in supporting risk management on the contract matrices
- Prepare commercial reports including Cost Value Reconciliations and cash flow forecasts
- Exercise full cost control of projects including providing and monitoring budgets and forecasts, and the production of weekly/monthly cost and value reconciliations and forecasts and advising the Project Manager/Senior Commercial Manager
- Ensure that all contemporary records are kept by the project team members for use in supporting claims, extensions of time, and the evaluation of variations /Comp Events
- Manage all aspects of subcontract procurement and payment
What are we looking for?
- 5-10 years experience of rail design and build contracts
- Experience of Target Cost contracts, NEC desirable
- Experience of working on complex rail projects, and depots in particular
- Degree qualification (RICS accredited or equivalent) is desirable
- Proficient in Excel and Word
This is a band C role and attracts a competitive salary, 24 days holiday (and bank holidays), 37.5 hour working week, contributory pension and access to a range of Amey savings