We are recruiting for a Commercial Underwriter based in Leatherhead to join the team at aQmen. The Company aQmen Underwriting (part of PIB Group) is a Managing General Agent (MGA) with delegated underwriting authority from leading insurers. We provide our network of partner brokers with a comprehensive range of specialist insurance policies targeted at three niche sectors: Not for Profit (Charity, Community and Social Enterprise), Places of Worship (all denominations and associated Faith-based organisations) and Recruitment & Employment Agencies.
- - Contribute towards aQmen’s aim of becoming a leading specialist underwriting agency in its chosen specialisms.
- - Use industry knowledge and experience, and to work with brokers, insurers and staff, to deliver appropriate and competitive insurance terms, conditions and service levels.
- - Utilising relevant insurance products, underwriting systems guidelines to deliver insurer and aQmen requirements
- - Providing appropriate management information as required
- - Contributing to team activity in line with service level standards, business plans and budgets
- - Liaising with brokers and insurers in terms of coverage and pricing as required
- - Dealing with New Business, Renewal and MTA’s in line with agreed underwriting guidelines
- - Adhere to compliance and regulatory procedures
- - Build relationships with aQmen colleagues and external brokers and insurers
- - Commercial Underwriting experience either with an insurer or insurance intermediary
- - Willingness to undertake CII qualifications if not already gained
- - Understand and implement ‘best practice’ in client service, compliance systems and processes, and financial management
- - Appropriate knowledge of all classes of business and products offering cross-selling opportunities
- - Willingness to contribute towards aQmen’s growth and success
- - Team player, able to share product / industry knowledge
- - To manage workloads in line with agreed aQmen Service Levels
Full Job Description available on request.
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We believe that working together as one team across the Group is better for our customers, our businesses, and our employees, we offer excellent rates of pay, fantastic benefits and excellent career opportunities.
Our employee’s success isn’t measured on time spent in the office, so please talk to us about your flexible working needs. We have many sites across the UK, so whether this be working from home, logging on from another office or working part time then we would love to hear from you!
PIB Group is an equal opportunities employer, committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, gender, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your application will be treated in the strictest confidence.
You may have experience of the following: Underwriter, Insurance, Underwriting, Financial Services, Account Handler, Insurance Broker, Underwriting Assistant, Technical Underwriter, Assistant Underwriter, CII, etc.