PIB is a growing group of insurance advisory businesses. The business is growing rapidly through acquisitions and by employing outstanding individuals with a wealth of knowledge and experience across the insurance market.
Position: Complaints Handler & Quality Officer
Location: Gloucester, Gloucestershire (Commutable from Cheltenham, Stroud, Cirencester, Ledbury & surrounding areas)
Job type: Part Time, Permanent
Salary: £20,000 to £23,000 per annum
About the role:
PIB Group are now looking for a part time Complaints Handler to join our Schemes & Affinities division in Gloucester. The successful candidate will be part of the businesses first line of defence and will monitor, review and provide support where required to the business ensuring that processes and procedures adhere to the regulatory framework. They will also work with the business units to investigate and resolve formal complaints from eligible complainants as defined by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
- Assess quality standards within each business location (including call quality, marketing literature, files, standard documentation).
- Continuously review, maintain and monitor, training and competency programmes and completing risk assessments as appropriate.
- Provide management reports in relation to competency testing and audit results. Root cause findings from results will be shared with individual business units with suggested corrective and / or preventative actions.
- Own all final response complaints from eligible complainants. Own and report quality sampling for complaints.
- Point of contact across the Division for complaint queries and concerns (whether internal, via FOS or insurers).
- Provide training to the Division on complaints and the Quality Framework – new starter, refresher and regulatory change. To sign off Financial Promotions from the Division.
- 5 GCSE A* to C Grades.
- Experience of working in a Regulated environment.
- A basic understanding of ICOBS.
- Able to make decisions quickly and within their realm of responsibility and autonomy
- Working at all times in accordance with group / company policy, processes and control frameworks.
- Working at all times lawfully and in accordance with pre-defined regulatory, compliance and financial requirements, e.g. Data Protection, Health and Safety, Financial Conduct Authority Standards.
- Working towards attainment of Certification CII qualification or above
- Experience of working in a compliance / quality / complaints function within the insurance sales driven environment
- A comprehensive knowledge of ICOB’s to ensure marketing literature is compliant
- Knowledge of DISP & extensive knowledge of the regulatory framework and best practices in relation to processes and procedures to ensure full compliance.
- Ability to analyse management information to be able to identify and resolve any problem areas. To acquire and maintain an accurate level of product knowledge as is appropriate to the role.
- Autonomy to make decisions in line with policy guidelines, operating procedure manuals and previous FOS decisions and be confident with those decisions. Confidence to Present findings and solutions to key stakeholders (internal and external) with recommended outcome for customer and any follow up action needed.
You may have experience of the following: Complaints Officer, Complaints Handler, Quality Officer, Customer Service Advisor, Customer Service Executive, Customer Service Officer, Complaint Investigator, Customer Service Representative, Customer Relations Executive, Contact Centre, Customer Service Agent, Call Centre, Customer Support, Client Support, Enforcement, Quality Officer, Customer Complaints Handler, Call Handler, Insurance, ICOBS, Financial Services etc.