Duties on a day to day basis include:
- Escalate any suspicious activities or transactions to the Money Laundering Reporting Officer-(MLRO).
- Daily assessment of AML reports for potential suspicious activity.
- Ensuring that documentation requirements are met and perform Anti-Money Laundering checks on existing clients by undertaking an independent verification of client information using external research.
- Ensuring that the business is compliant with all Bank and external policies.
- Provide assistance with reviews of Client on-boarding and periodic reviews conducted by the On-boarding team to ensure their robustness.
- Interpret and analyse KYC data to understand the risk of the client to the business and make recommendation to senior management.
- Provide end to end dedicated and robust specialist KYC expertise throughout the Remediation and Refresh Process.
- Ensuring that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory framework, operational risk framework and internal Polices and standards.
- Ensuring that organisational standards are maintained and that the Banks policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Provide support to the business banking team to update KYC documentation for entities such as limited companies, charities/non-profit organisations.
- Perform Know Your Customer (KYC) due diligence as part of a remediation project to standardize client documentation across various divisions.
- Gather the relevant documentation, investigate ownership and identify PEPs for risk management reasons.
The ideal candidate will have the following skill base:
- Have experience of a KYC/AML/Risk/Fraud background ideally within financial services
- High attention to detail and able to work unsupervised whilst prioritising work load
- Good problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of CRA or AMP would be an advantage