We are a high-performing, friendly and passionate team of people who are working towards delivering a new recruitment platform for government to replace Civil Service Jobs.
With approximately 800K job applications being processed a year and 50K jobs being advertised across 130+ government organisations, this is an exciting service to work on.
You will have the opportunity to work alongside and to learn from a team which includes business analysts, product managers, developers and user researchers.
We also manage other HR products, such as the Civil Service learning platform and fast track and early talent recruitment systems.
● Working with users to identify and design solutions which meet their needs
● Prioritising the work which adds the most value to end users whilst supporting decision makers with making the right choices
● Configuring the recruitment platform and maintaining technical documentation
● Impact assessing requested changes, providing estimates on time needed to deliver and where appropriate, challenging requests
● Contributing to the product delivery approach
● Supporting the development and delivery of written system guidance and training
● Playing a key role in Agile ‘scrum’ events including planning, show and tells, stand-ups and retrospectives
● User research - it’s a team sport - and incorporating research findings to make iterative improvements
● Quality assurance on configuration work which has been completed by other team members
The successful candidate must be able to clearly demonstrate evidence of the following essential criteria:
● Change management - able to analyse and assess impact, develop and document change requests. Implement changes.
● Agile delivery experience - experience working in agile teams and environments, working iteratively and collaboratively.
● Community collaboration - contribute to the work of others whilst having the ability to motivate and empower teams. Create the right environment for teams to work, and be able to facilitate the best team makeup depending on the situation. Recognise and deal with issues.
● Digital know-how - digitally literate and capable of engaging users, technical colleagues, suppliers and stakeholders to draw out best approaches.
● Ability to learn - thriving on learning new skills and knowledge to become a more effective configuration lead and digital specialist.
● Incident management - identify and register incidents, gathering the required information and allocating to the appropriate channel.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Working Together
- Delivering at Pace
- Managing a Quality Service
- Making Effective Decisions