We are seeking an engaging writer to create content for online and print material including success stories, campaigns and service descriptions.
Our successful candidate will have paid experience in delivering sustained written content, and will be able to manage a range of timelines and deadlines.
20 hours per week, at mutually agreed regular times across at least three days per week.
£11 per hour.
- To create high quality online and written content including wording for staff and volunteer biographies, service descriptions, client success stories, media releases, email journeys, thought-pieces, vacancy promotion and fundraising campaigns.
- To create graphics for social media content using Canva templates.
- To edit and approve social media posts from staff and others.
- To develop content structures and interview formats as required for use by others.
- To develop and maintain key messaging and prepare content in keeping with style and brand requirements.
- To arrange meetings with staff, clients and others as necessary to understand their stories.
- To ensure that safeguarding and other matters of concern are dealt with according to YMCA Doncaster’s procedures.
- To approach the role with professionalism, and to maintain appropriate boundaries with staff, clients and others.
- Additional or other duties as necessary within your capabilities and status to meet the needs of YMCA Doncaster.
- Experienced in a paid role including regular delivery of sustained written content for marketing, fundraising or similar.
- Able to demonstrate experience of competent, inspiring and persuasive writing.
- Able to demonstrate exceptional attention to detail.
- Able to adapt tone and content to suit a range of client and supporter personas.
- Able to understand the value of great stories.
- Able to manage a variety of timelines and deadlines, working efficiently without compromising quality.
- Able to create simple graphics using branded Canva templates.
- Confident in arranging meetings, and able to create rapport with staff, clients and others as necessary to gather and understand their stories.
- Sufficiently aware of safeguarding and other factors in order to act appropriately when sharing stories triggers distress or difficulties for a young person.
- Able to use WordPress and Canva, or able to organise own learning.