Your main function as a Control Room Assistant will be to help maintain the quick, efficient & safe running of the Royal Mail Transport Office. In the build up to Christmas this will be a very vibrant and busy environment to work in so the ability to work within a team is essential.
Duties to include:
- Issuing drivers packs, vehicles and keys
- Ensuring drivers download their tacho cards on a daily basis
- Driver and unit allocation
- Debriefing drivers
- Manually imputing drivers names on a daily basic
- Ensuring customer collection duties are made aware of customer requirements and if there any changes or cancellations
- Ensuring the agency and Royal Mail 552 is completed correctly and signed/authorised by a manager
- Liaise with the workshop on defective units and rigid’s as well as the control room to move defective trailers across
- Defecting units on internal systems
- Extra responsibility of understanding some transport legislation, including drivers hours
- Updating the driver packs and maps
- 2200-0600 Monday to Friday with additional overtime when required.
- Night rate £10.50
- Approachable and a good communicator
- Excellent attendance and time keeping
- Good IT Skills – especially on excel
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
If you wish to be considered for this role and you feel you have the skills required for the position then please apply today for immediate interview.
Alternatively please text 'CONTROL' to 07912 970326.