We are looking to recruit a new Counterbalance Driver who will be responsible for moving and stacking pallets at our distribution centre in Avonmouth, Bristol.
We offer a permanent part time position working lates from 14:00 to 22:00 on Saturday and Sunday each week.
Pay, working hours & benefits:
We offer an hourly pay rate of £10.20 (£8.67 if you are under 21) and you will be guaranteed a minimum of 16 hours work per week. If you’re looking to earn a bit more then overtime is regularly available.
In addition to your pay you will also benefit from:
- 30 days annual leave.
- Regular breaks during your shift (plus additional warming breaks when picking in the cold store).
- Full training provided.
- Free canteen facilities.
- 15% staff discount to use in any of our 300+ shops on a great range of food and household essentials.
- A smart uniform and all PPE provided at no cost to you.
- Free life assurance.
- Workplace pension.
As one of our Counterbalance Drivers you will:
- Move & stack empty pallets in the yard.
- Carry out general yard maintenance.
- Loading & unloading of trailers.
- Work within the health and safety requirements of the site.
You will need:
- To have an up to date Counterbalance licence with some relevant Counterbalance driving experience.
- To be physically fit as this is a demanding role and you will be expected to achieve productivity targets.
- A friendly, positive, hard working approach to work.
- Although it is not essential, if you have experience of working in a warehouse environment or experience working with manual handling equipment then let us know about it in your application.
We welcome applications from Army, Navy and Royal Air Force service leavers and veterans into our distribution operations and work in partnership with Hire a Hero to support service leavers with their transition into civilian life.
A bit about us:
Farmfoods are a family business with ambition. We pride ourselves on offering our customers great value, quality products from clean and tidy shops with the friendliest team in retail.
We aim to offer sensational value to customers on a great range of everyday family oriented goods. We back up our sensational value with a focus on delivering an ‘old fashioned’, genuine and friendly customer experience.
Our warehouse operatives are the backbone of our distribution operation and are essential to ensuring our shops have everything they need to deliver a great service to our customers.