£26800 per annum
4 months ago
Access Creative College is more than just a college; we are a hub for young creative entrepreneurs who are shaping the future of the creative industries.
Now in our 28th academic year and serving more than 2000 learners across our seven UK based Centres over Levels 1-5, Access Creative College has a well-established reputation for music courses. We’ve been part of Ed Sheeran, Rita Ora and JP Cooper’s journey to stardom. For the past two years, we have been striving to provide that same well-respected education to a new generation of gamers, photographers and digital and media creatives.
Position: Course Leader - Functional Skills and GCSE English
Location: Access Creative College Bristol, BS14 9BZ
Job Type: Part-Time, Permanent
Hours: 22.5 hours per week
Salary: £26,800 per annum (subject to experience and qualifications)
Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Occupational Sick Pay, Enhanced Maternity Paternity and Adoption Pay, Enhanced Annual Leave, Sabbatical Leave, Teacher-Training, Employee Recognition Awards
Applications to reach us by 25th July 2020. Please note that interviews may take place before the closing date.
About the role:
We are seeking an experienced English teacher to be responsible for the management, coordination and delivery of GCSE and Functional Skills English to learners engaged in study programmes at our Bristol centre.
- Effective teaching and assessment practices for GCSE and Functional Skills English provision
- To be responsible for organising internal and external examination/assessment related administration including the moderation and verification of coursework and internal course assessment
- To provide and maintain learner and course data as required by the College's management information policies
- To liaise with other Course Leaders, the Curriculum and Quality Manager, Centre Manager and other ACC post holders as appropriate
- To monitor, evaluate and advise on the progress and achievement of Learners on the course
- To identify, plan and contribute to the implementation of support for 'at risk' Learners and extend opportunities for those who are more able
- Recruitment, and assessment of learners to provision including assessment of prior attainment, level and suitability for provision, including the provision of initial advice and guidance, participation in the marketing and promotion of courses, attendance at events, interviews/auditions and the identification of learner needs
- Provision of timely and appropriate feedback and assessment to learners and parents/guardians including advising of academic progress and attainment
- Be familiar with Safeguarding Children and Young People requirements as outlined in the Safeguarding Policy and comply with its requirements to safeguard and protect the welfare of children and vulnerable adults
- Hold a relevant degree or relevant professional qualification at level 3 or above
- An appropriate teacher training qualification i.e. DET, PGCE, Cert Ed, BEd., DTLLS (Level 5)
- Be able to demonstrate a profile of good or better lesson observations, where appropriate
- Experience of the delivery of GCSE and Functional Skills English provision
- Experience of managing student issues such as enrolment, complaints, disciplinary issues
- Good IT skills, experience of using a database to analyse student data
- Understanding and experience of course regulations and specifications
- Experience of producing reports using statistical data
- Knowledge and understanding of GCSE and functional skills English provision
- Ability to identify and support diverse learner needs
You may have experience of the following: Course Manager, English Teacher, English Lecturer, Teach, Lecturer, Senior Lecturer, Course Design, Education, Mentor, Tutor, Teaching, GCSE, Functional Skills, English etc
Access Creative College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure & Barring Service.
Access Creative College is committed to promoting a culture of Diversity and Inclusivity for all our employees and potential employees. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds. In recognition of our commitment, we would particularly encourage applications from groups who are currently under-represented, which are those from the Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities and People with Disabilities and Women.