Trainee Credit Controller
We are currently recruiting for a Credit Controller to join our new Central Services Finance team based in Retford. This role would suit a person who is very organised, confident, and passionate about accounting and looking to enter the world of finance. You will be a natural problem solver with a high level of attention to detail coupled with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. This role also requires you to have excellent telephony skills.
As the business goes through an exciting growth period, there will be many opportunities to get involved in other exciting projects.
Location: Based near Retford Train Station, means there are great transports links should you wish to travel by train, car, or bus. We also have free car parking close to the office.
As a company, PIB is a successful growing group of businesses across different elements of the insurance sector. The Group is growing rapidly both through acquisitions and by employing outstanding individuals with a wealth of knowledge and experience across the insurance market. For context, as a Group we have grown from £15m turnover in 2016 to over £120m in 2019 and we continue to expand from a wholly UK base to mainland Europe with trade reaching to Latin America.
This is an exciting time to join the PIB Group. Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We believe that working together as one team across the Group is better for our customers, our businesses, and our employees.
- You will aim to maintain and reduce monthly aged debts for The Group by collecting outstanding monies owed from clients and brokers, ensuring these are obtained within credit terms,
- You will manage your own in-house diary system and individual workload effectively, checking statuses and taking necessary actions,
- You will be liaising with high premium clients, discussing overdue balance and providing high quality customer service,
- You will ensure statements and invoices are sent in a timely manner,
- You will be liaising with brokers by telephone and emails, following these up in view of resolving debts on ledgers,
- You will escalate any issues and queries in a timely manner to the Speciality Team Leader, making sure balances are paid,
- You will be liaising with internal Account Executives to discuss brokers and the clearance of debts, as well as prioritising the insurers for paid debt,
- You will liaise with various departments such as the Treasury and Insurer Reconciliation Teams about broker statuses and the payments and allocation duties,
- You will review and maintain the credit control inbox,
- You will set up and organise premium finance queries,
- You will be confident and passionate about accounts and keen to learn/progress within this field of work,
- You would have dealt with high net worth client in the past delivering on high quality customer service,
- You will have some experience in credit control (desirable),
- You will have a positive ‘can do attitude’ and will be a natural problem solver, along with a high level of attention to detail,
- You will have excellent communication both verbal and written, coupled with excellent telephony and customer service skills,
- You will be able to work to deadlines and under pressure, being able to work as a team as well as on your own initiative,
Full Job Description available on request.
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We believe that working together as one team across the Group is better for our customers, our businesses, and our employees, we offer excellent rates of pay, fantastic benefits and excellent career opportunities.
Our employee’s success is not measured on time spent in the office, so please talk to us about your flexible working needs. We have many sites across the UK, so whether this be working from home, logging on from another office or working part time then we would love to hear from you!
PIB Group is an equal opportunities employer, committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, gender, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your application will be treated in the strictest confidence.
You may have experience of the following: Credit Administrator, Credit Control Administrator, Credit Control Officer, Accounts Receivable Assistant, Purchase Ledger, Financial Services, Credit Controller, Accounts Assistant, etc.
about 2 months ago
Trainee Credit Controller