Return to Work - Critical Facility Engineer
This position has a 16-week duration beginning January 11th 2021. All candidates should be able to commit to a consecutive 16-week timeframe for successful completion of the program. At the end of the term, those who have demonstrated their abilities to succeed and make an impact at Facebook will be considered for a full-time position. Candidates are encouraged to apply early!
This program is open to all candidates who have been out of the workforce for 2 years of longer.
Our data centers serve as the foundation upon which our software operates to meet the demands of our customers. The data center Critical Facility Engineer will work with the facilities engineering team to facilitate operating and maintaining the data center. The candidate will need to be experienced in diverse industries such as electrical generation, electrical distribution, cooling technologies and fire suppression systems. The Critical Facility Engineers, together with the facilities team, are responsible for the safe and efficient operation and maintenance of the critical facilities infrastructure of the Data Center.
Our team comprises varying levels of experience and backgrounds, from new grads to industry veterans. Mission Critical experience is important (Semiconductor, Data Center, Oil & Gas, Pharmaceutical and Utilities), but ultimately less so than your demonstrated abilities and attitude. The Facility Operations team faces new challenges every day and we are always learning. This is a 16-week position based in Clonee, Co. Meath, Ireland.
Return to Work - Critical Facility Engineer Responsibilities
- This program is open to all candidates who have been out of the workforce for 2 years or longer.
- Perform routine maintenance tasks in accordance with Facebook Safety Policy and Procedures.
- Inspect buildings, grounds and equipment for unsafe or malfunctioning conditions, Troubleshoot, evaluate and recommend system upgrades.
- Perform all maintenance to ensure the highest level of efficiency without disruption to the business.
- Continuous work on improvements, energy efficiency and quality assurance procedures.
- Participate in new installations as well as building retrofit projects.
- High school diploma or equivalent (i.e. GED).
- 5+ years experience in electrical, HVAC, mechanical, controls, or other technical maintenance field in a Critical Environment.
- Ability to work on a shift rotation.
- Ability to read blueprints/CAD drawings.
- Preferred Qualifications.
- 3+ years experience in a data center or other Critical Environment (pharma, clean room, medical, power production, etc.).
- Associate's degree in engineering plus 3+ years experience OR Bachelor's degree in related field plus 2+ years experience in electrical, HVAC, mechanical, or controls will be considered in lieu of 5+ years experience.
- Trade Certification or state license in Electrical or Mechanical (HVAC).
Knowledge of CMMS systems
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart.
Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
To apply, please click on the apply button: