Are you passionate about delivering amazing customer service?
Do you love to help customers?
Are you looking to be a part of an ambitious, rewarding and dynamic working environment?
Would you like to increase your salary as you learn new skills?
We put colleagues at the heart of how we do things here and support their development, provide them with the skills and knowledge to do their job, listen to their ideas and inspire them to be involved within the local community. Hard work is recognised here, we celebrate and reward personal achievements as well our company successes.
We have customer service roles available within our claims and retail teams. If you progress through to the next stage of the recruitment process, the recruitment team will talk to you about what roles are available. Whichever ever team you join, you will use your excellent service skills to ensure that every customer is treated in a refreshingly straightforward way
- You will be providing exceptional service to new customers (or policy holders as they're also known) looking to buy an insurance policy from us, helping to shape their policy to meet their insurance needs as well as dealing with queries from existing customers to ensure we're meeting their expectations
- No two calls are the same and your responsibilities will range from making changes on a policy to taking a payment, or simply explaining in more detail to customers about our policies
- The role can be challenging, with targets to meet and you will be trained to take a variety of calls across the customer lifecycle; from sales, customer service and renewals
In claims customer service:
- You will do the right thing for customers and the company in all circumstances, measured by net promoter scores, indemnity spend and claims expenses
- Our teams aim to get our customers back on the road as swiftly as possible in both repairable and total loss circumstances
- We encourage maximising first time resolution of customer claims and repair queries
Hastings Direct is a fast growing, agile, digitally focused general insurance provider of products and services to over 2.7 million customers in the UK. We've doubled our customer base in just three years and we now employ over 3,400 colleagues. It's our attitude and the way we run our business that makes us different. We focus on getting it right for our colleagues, customers, company and community.
It's a dynamic, flexible, fun and constantly changing environment. You'll enjoy the scope to make a real difference for our customers, influence our company, benefit the communities we work in and have fun along the way.
Have experience in delivering amazing customer service
Are comfortable in talking to people over the phone, with the ability to easily build rapport with customers
Have strong active listening skills
Enjoy working in a fast paced environment
Are motivated to achieve positive results and reach targets Have experience and are comfortable with using a PC and keyboard, as this will form a core part of your role if successful
No insurance experience is necessary; we will invest in your training from day one, and continue to support your development throughout your career with us.
Benefits for you
We offer a competitive starting salary of £17,513 which will increase as you develop and progress within the role up to £20,225 25 days annual leave
A competitive pension scheme Company bonus scheme Access to our rewards database, which provides discounts for hundreds of retailers
Other working benefits, such as childcare vouchers and health cash plans Knowledge, training and opportunities to develop within your role and career
Full time hours:
After your training you'll be working 37.5 hours per week on a rotational shift pattern between the hours of 0800-1900 Monday-Friday only.
Nothing after 1900 and no weekends!
You will be doing 0900-1730 Monday to Friday during your training period
You will join the rotational shift pattern when you join academy
If you are passionate about supporting with customers and are seeking a role in a vibrant, fast paced and friendly environment, then we want to hear from you today.
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status.