We have customer service roles available within our claims and retail teams. If you progress through to the next stage of the recruitment process, the recruitment team will talk to you about what roles are available. Whichever ever team you join, you will use your excellent service skills to ensure that every customer is treated in a refreshingly straightforward way.
- You will be providing exceptional service to new customers (or policy holders as they're also known) looking to buy an insurance policy from us, helping to shape their policy to meet their insurance needs as well as dealing with queries from existing customers to ensure we're meeting their expectations
- No two calls are the same and your responsibilities will range from making changes on a policy to taking a payment, or simply explaining in more detail to customers about our policies
- The role can be challenging, with targets to meet and you will be trained to take a variety of calls across the customer lifecycle; from sales, customer service and renewals
In claims customer service:
- You will do the right thing for customers and the company in all circumstances, measured by net promoter scores, indemnity spend and claims expenses
- Our teams aim to get our customers back on the road as swiftly as possible in both repairable and total loss circumstances
- We encourage maximising first time resolution of customer claims and repair queries.
- Have experience in delivering amazing customer service
- Are comfortable in talking to people over the phone, with the ability to easily build rapport with customers
- Have strong active listening skills
- Enjoy working in a fast paced environment
- Are motivated to achieve positive results and reach targets
- Have experience and are comfortable with using a PC and keyboard, as this will form a core part of your role if successful
- No insurance experience is necessary; we will invest in your training from day one, and continue to support your development throughout your career with us.
Full time hours:
- After your training you'll be working 37.5 hours per week on a rotational shift pattern between the hours of 0800-1900 Monday-Friday only. Nothing after 1900 and no weekends!
- You will be doing 0900-1730 Monday to Friday during your training period
- You will join the rotational shift pattern when you join academy
Please find some of the great benefits we offer here at Hastings Direct;
- Starting salary of £17514 with potential to earn up to £20225 as you progress within the role.
- A friendly and dynamic environment with a test-and-learn culture
- Structured career path that rewards achievements and focuses on development
- Broad exposure to senior management and ability to contribute to real change
- Up to 5% bonus earning potential
- 25 days holiday
- Life assurance
- Competitive pension
- Flexible benefits - buy or sell holidays
- Discounted Hastings Direct products
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.