Customer Service Advisor
This is an exciting opportunity to join the customer service team within South Oxfordshire and Vale of White Horse District Councils.
We’re looking for an outstanding customer service professional who, every day, strives to deliver great customer service. This is equally important for both our internal and external customers (if you’re the right person for this role – you already knew that!). You’ll take ownership of challenges and provide solutions to our customers effectively and efficiently.
You’ll be responsible for dealing with high volumes of calls and sometimes complex customer enquiries on a range of issues related to our planning service. You will openly demonstrate a passion for delivering a fantastic customer service and be motivated to help our service to deliver on targets. You’ll essentially be an ambassador for the council and work to our vision and values.
This role is predominantly phone based.
Customer Service Advisor Responsibilities:
• Develop and maintain a broad knowledge of the councils’ services, and in particular our planning service and its functions to ensure customers receive accurate information and a ‘one stop’ service for query resolution in an efficient, effective and caring manner
• Take ownership of and resolve customer enquiries covering a broad range of issues
• Ensure customers contacting the planning service by telephone, face to face or by email receive an excellent level of customer service and receive an accurate, timely and effective resolution
• Accurately use and maintain the IT solutions used in conjunction with the role
• Prioritise actions and decisions according to customer needs, communicating openly and effectively with customers, managers, colleagues, partner organisations and elected members as appropriate
• Assist with other functions of the customer service team as directed by the team leader or customer service manager
• Identify key ‘hot’ topics/issues and communicate these across the service and council as appropriate
• Along with other team members, to be the first point of contact for customers raising a complaint with the council, you will advise them on our formal complaints process and have shared responsibility for handling the related correspondence
• You may be required to provide cover to our Front of House team dealing with face to face enquiries
Customer Service Advisor Requirements:
• A minimum of five GCSE’s, to include Maths and English (grade C and above) or an equivalent level of qualification or appropriate experience
• A minimum of six months customer service experience in a call centre environment
• Good IT skills including use of internet, email, databases, Word, Excel as well as good keyboard skills
• Experience of taking ownership of challenges and providing solutions to customers
• Good written communication skills
• Strong oral communication skills including listening and articulation
• Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
• Able to work in an accurate and methodical way
• An ability to work under pressure and prioritise effectively to meet deadlines
• Ability to work positively within a team and contribute to the team
If you have the following experience or qualifications – it’s a bonus
• Experience of working in a planning environment
• Experience of a call management system
• Overseeing and updating websites
• A specific customer service qualification
About the councils:
South Oxfordshire and Vale of White Horse District Councils are forward-thinking local authorities, based in one of the most attractive areas of the country. They are looking for a professional, competent and enthusiastic person who can communicate well at all levels. An excellent benefits package is on offer including annualised hours (flexible working) and a career average pension scheme.
Location: Milton Park, Oxfordshire, OX14 4SB
Job type: Full Time, Fixed term contract until 31st March 2021, 37 hours a week on a rota basis to cover between 8.15am and 5.15pm (part time hours will be considered)
Salary: £22,579 - £26,369 per annum
Benefits: A basic 24 days annual leave per annum, rising to 29 days after five years. You also have all the bank holidays to look forward to and time off between Christmas and New Year. Flexible working and annualised hours – a flexible approach to work that our employees love! A career average pension scheme. No car park costs as there is ample free parking. The opportunity to purchase a bike through Cycle scheme. Various schemes to keep you healthy, including reduced gym membership and workplace exercise classes. We give you two days per year to volunteer within the local community.
You may have experience of the following: Customer Service Advisor, Customer Service Representative, Customer Service Executive, Customer Service Officer, Call Centre, Contact Centre, Call Centre Operative, Contact Centre Operative, Administrator, Admin, etc.
£22579 - £26369 per annum
20 days ago
Customer Service Advisor