Kaplan Living is a leading provider of Purpose Built Student Accommodation in the UK. We provide accommodation primarily for Kaplan International Pathways Colleges and Kaplan International English Schools, along with a small provision for University and Direct Let accommodation during the summer.
To be considered for the role, you will need to demonstrate a track record of delivering excellent customer service, strong attention to detail and a friendly and outgoing demeanour. You'll be part of a team which will provide a 'home from home atmosphere' to international students, offering a vibrant social community and a safe secure environment where students can relax.
Main responsibilities and functions
· Assist in ensuring the property is managed and operated in line with agreed operating principles to support the achievement of our company goal to be industry leading in service levels to students, parents and stakeholders
· Embrace the ‘more than just a room’ philosophy of Kaplan Living’ student welfare and support services.
· Building management
· Provide front of house reception duties including, but not limited to, answering telephone queries, dealing with student/general queries, mail handling.
· Facilitate approved access for visitors and contractors, and general completion of health & safety administration (Contractor work permits, site safety rules etc)
· Logging of maintenance requests
· Assist with the completion of tenancy agreements
· Inputting of student data into the relevant systems
· Help to enhance the student experience within the social communal areas
· Assist with arrival and departure procedures ensuring efficiencies and room management procedures are adhered to
· Assist in the Management of payment, debt management and invoicing.
· Work with internal and external partners to improve services, value for money and profitability.
Marketing & promotion
· Assist the Management team to ensure that all information provided to customers on the residence, including social and academic support services is both accurate and updated regularly – to include printed collateral, web-based information and social networking sites.
· Assist in marketing of the property to direct let customers where required
· Assist in marketing to existing customers to maximise returner students
· Assist in marketing and management of lettings including short-term contracts and summer lets
· Contribute to, when necessary inward visits from agents/ partners/ parents as appropriate
· Assist with open days
· Conduct sales viewings to perspective students
· Assist in preparing and managing the student social programme.
· Ensure that service level agreements with Kaplan International Colleges are met and that any shortfalls are documented and reported to the Management team.
· Assist with developing and maintaining policies and procedures in accordance with legislation and ANUK Accreditation Scheme along external/internal audits.
· Support colleagues at both Kaplan International College and KIC HQ with regards to requirements under immigration legislation
· Any other duties as required by the Management team
The successful applicant will:
· Have an ability to provide cheerful reception service to all students and visitors
· Possess excellent oral and written communication skills including the proven ability to engage with customers and colleagues alike
· Embrace the ‘more than just a room’ philosophy of Kaplan Living
· Have a passion for customer care and a sensitivity to students needs
· Have experience in a customer-facing environment
· Have experience of working in an effective Health & Safety culture in line with legislation
· Have good IT skills (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and be adaptable to foster new skills to operate Kaplan’s internal management systems
· Be able to offer flexibility in working hours
· Be able to adhere to appropriate level of confidentiality regarding anything discussed, overheard or dealt with whilst carrying out the role
· Possess experience in customer service, hospitality or student service provision, ideally accommodation
· Be able to engage effectively in team work
· Be able to work on own initiative
· Have the ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines
Please apply by Thursday 11th March 2021.
We may close the vacancy earlier if a suitable applicant is found.
As part of our commitment to safeguarding, successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Kaplan Living is part of International, a division of Kaplan Inc., a leading for-profit company in the field of international education, which offers Higher education programmes for students in the UK, USA, Australia, Singapore and Hong Kong, English language courses across locations in UK, Ireland, USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand and vocational training for financial services sector in Australia. We welcome students from more than 100 countries around the world. Kaplan Inc. is owned by Graham Holdings (NYSE: GHC) To find out more about us and our different business areas, please visit