We're committed to creating better places for everyone. We take pride in making a difference, but also in being the difference: for the communities we serve, whatever the challenge, whatever the weather. By designing and consulting, building and maintaining, managing and investing in our country's services and infrastructures we create better places to live, work and travel.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. To bring out the better in you. To shine as a better team player or self-starter. To help you commit to better each day, delivering whatever steps it takes, great or small, to create better places for everyone.
We believe that we are what we do.
It's more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey, we're proud to be the better.
What is the purpose of this role?
- To direct and record incident response from within the Operational Control Room and assist the Network Management team in the execution of their duties.
What will this role involve?
- Deployment of TRISS crews
- Deployment of ISU resources
- Raising and closing Operations Instructions
- Liaison with, and support, to traffic and roadspace coordination team
- Effective liaison with third parties
- Dealing with customer complaints
- Social media
- Compliance with relevant Health and Safety legislation
- Adherence to Risk Assessments and Method Statements
- Take Care reporting and interventions
- TRISS responses within timescale
- ISU resources mobilised to attend within timescale
- Accurate records maintained
- Network disruption minimised
- Timely and accurate input into IRIS
What are we looking for?
- Significant experience of working in a Control Room environment
- Customer Service related qualification or equivalent
- Ability to work under pressure, think clearly and act decisively
- Excellent personal organisation skills
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Presentation skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills with objective analysis driven by customer need
- Flexible approach to work
- Good foresight and the ability to plan ahead
- Uncompromising over achieving customer standards
- Receptive to change and committed to continuous improvement
- Proactive thinking
- Innovative 'Think outside the box.'
- Computer literate for the use of a range of office software, including email, spreadsheets and databases and Microsoft Office
- Strength of character to guide others in a clear, concise and fair manner
- Good problem solver
- Quick learner
- Ability to adapt to change
- Ability to work unsupervised
- The ability to actively influence events
- To recognise opportunities and to act on them to improve the experience
- Value and respect for others
- Ability to work with others to achieve a common goal effectively
- Previous experience in a customer service/administration role
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Can-do attitude
- Good communication skills to deal with clients and third parties
- Able to communicate with members of the public and have the ability to defuse situations
- Be flexible concerning working patterns to meet the business needs
- Can maintain full focus in a fast-moving business environment.
- Client focused approach to delivery
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
- Use of Airwave
- Knowledge of the Trunk Road network
What's the shift pattern?
The shift pattern is four days on and four days off, alternating the hours for each four days on from 7am to 7pm, then 7pm to 7am. These roles are active 365 days a year, which means that public holidays are worked should working days fall onto them.