At Northern, we’re creating a brand-new future not just for our organisation, but one that will transform the way we all think about rail travel and if you’re forward thinking, passionate and full of fresh ideas like we are, you could play your part in making it happen.
We recently launched our £500m fleet of new, state-of-the-art trains and we’re investing millions more in our existing fleet of trains and on station improvements all so we can continue to connect thousands of people across the North to work, leisure, education and more every day.
Our vision is all about taking them in an exciting new direction, delivering a different kind of travel experience, and introducing new ways of working.
We’re also investing in our people too, and we’re committed to building a business that’s just as diverse as the communities we serve.
So whatever your background, and whatever you have in mind for your own future, we think you’ll fit right in here.
About the Job:
Acting as the face of Northern, our Retail Supervisors ensure that our customers have the information and support they need at all times. Working in this role, you’ll give practical advice on journey times, delays, tickets, fares and reservations as well as maintaining the appearance and safety of our stations at all times.
You’ll relish this opportunity to make a real difference to the everyday lives of millions of people, if you have:-
• A genuine commitment to and previous experience of delivering excellent customer service.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Sound IT skills.
• The confidence to work on your own initiative.
• The ability to work shift patterns including evening and weekend work.
Benefits and Rewards:
By working as part of the Northern team, you will receive the following benefits:
• Free Travel on Northern services – for you and your family*
• 75% discount on all other Train Operating Companies leisure services*
• Pension Scheme
• A generous holiday entitlement
• Maternity and Paternity Benefits – above the statutory minimum
• Full uniform for frontline facing roles
• Employee Assistance Programme – operating 24/7, giving a wide range of advice, support and useful information for employees
• And many more!
*Terms and conditions apply
In return, you’ll discover brilliant opportunities to grow and progress within Northern not to mention amazing perks and benefits like free or discounted travel, employee assistance, generous policies, regular pay reviews and a great pension. We look forward to receiving your application.
*The vacancy may close early if we have a high volume of applicants*