3 months ago
Position: Supporter Care Manager
Location: Central London, WC1N
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Benefits: 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays, generous pension scheme, flexible working, discounted season ticket loan and many more!
Closing date: 9am on Monday 12th August 2019
About the role:
Do you have a passion for delivering high quality supporter / customer care? Can you inspire and develop a high performing team?
The Supporter Care Team sits within the heart of fundraising at GOSH Charity and our responsible for providing exceptional customer service and to our supporters. Our supporters are passionate about giving our young patients the opportunity to fulfil their potential. Our staff share that passion, both for the cause and for our fundraising. Without donations, Great Ormond Street Hospital Charity can’t help fund ground-breaking research, advanced medical equipment, child and family support services, and the rebuilding and refurbishment of wards and medical facilities. The Supporter Care Team is a vital part of raising these funds.
A better future for seriously ill children starts with you.
About the Team:
The Team consists of four members of staff providing response handling for all fundraising teams within the charity, as well as working with external agencies. The post-holder will report into the Senior Retention Manager to ensure that the voice of the supporter is key to all activity. Our aim is to deliver exceptional supporter experience. You will role model how fantastic supporter care can lead to heightened supporter satisfaction and retention. We operate a Business Partner model; with representatives from the Supporter Care Team managing internal department relationships to better gain understanding of campaign plans, KPI targets and support requirements.
- Have demonstrable experience of leading high performing teams, supporting your staff to deliver the highest quality customer / supporter care.
- Be able to coach your staff in their role as business partners, giving them confidence to communicate with internal stakeholders about activity plans, agree KPIs and manage expectations for how the Supporter Care Team can support fundraising initiatives.
- Be empathetic and approachable, able to respond effectively to the needs of fundraisers that are closely connected to the cause.
- Have an eye for detail and a passion for effectively written communications.
- Be open to new technologies to drive efficiencies in working practices.
- Be a great communicator who has demonstrable experience in working with fundraisers to deliver a shared vision.
- Have experience of you and your team working to SLAs, and using KPIs to monitor performance.
- Work collaboratively to share knowledge, skills and to improve fundraising performance across the organisation.
The ideal candidate will also have experience of working:
- Within a high performing Fundraising team, so you will also be up to date with all the relevant fundraising regulations.
- With customer relationship management systems (CRMs), ideally Salesforce.
- With agencies, monitoring performance and ensuring compliance with SLAs.
About the Charity:
Every day brings new challenges at Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH). Every day, over 600 seriously ill children from across the UK arrive for life-changing treatments. Every day, young lives hang in the balance as patients, families and staff battle the most complex illnesses. And every day, the brightest minds come together to achieve pioneering medical breakthroughs that change the lives of thousands of children – and change the world. This extraordinary hospital has always depended on charitable support to give seriously ill children the best chance to fulfil their potential.
Recently awarded with a ‘Best Companies 2-star accreditation' and placed number 17 on the 2019 Sunday Times Best 100 Not-for-Profit Companies list - we offer a range of attractive benefits including; a flexible approach to working, 30 days holiday, life assurance, enhanced employer pension contributions, and a discounted season ticket loan.
How to Apply:
Please click on the apply button in the top right-hand corner where you will be taken to a short application form to complete. You are encouraged to include a cover letter with your application, and should refer to the ‘Application and Interview FAQs’ on the career section of our website before you apply.
Applications will be reviewed on an on-going basis and we reserve the right to close the role prior to the closing date, should a suitable applicant be found. Therefore, you are encouraged to apply right away, to avoid disappointment.
Due to the large number of applications we receive, we are unfortunately only able to inform shortlisted candidates of the outcome of their application. If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If your application is not successful, we hope that you will not be discouraged and will still apply for other suitable vacancies in the future.
You may have experience of the following: Customer Service Manager, Supporter Services Manager, Supporter Care, Supporter Experience, Charity, Charities, Third Sector, , , Fundraising, , Campaign Management, Donations, Fundraising etc.