£25000 per annum
4 months ago
Your role is all about delivering a service that supports people to overcome the Covid19 pandemic, making a positive difference to the lives of people and communities.
Customer Support Officer Responsibilities:
• Supporting people who are at high risk of Covid19 and those who are directly and indirectly impacted from Covid19 – helping them to ‘get through this’.
• Supporting people and households with a wide range of support needs for example access to food/medication (reducing the need to leave their home if shielding), mental health, loneliness and isolation, anxiety, stress and disabilities.
• Developing new and existing partnerships with specialist providers of support for families, especially those with pre-school and school aged children living at home across all areas of operation.
• Identify and share tools, literature, resources and coping strategies for families, for example in relation to the stress of home-schooling or healthy eating, during the Covid19 pandemic.
• Coordinate our families information hub and be the ‘go to’ person for all things in this area of support.
• Identifying safeguarding concerns such as domestic violence and child abuse.
• Reiterate the government guidance in relation to self-isolation and distancing, reducing the spread of the disease further and helping vulnerable people stay safe and alert.
• Developing and maintaining clear and consistent individual plans.
• Attending a variety of meetings and case conferences (most likely virtually) such as Neighbourhood meetings and Safeguarding conferences.
• Producing reports and shouting about the positive impact of the service including its social value.
• Leading on growing this area of support for our customers, identifying what they need and how we can support them – accessing a wide range of internal and external support services to ensure their individual/household needs are met.
• Building relationships with others providing support services across all support areas to enable us to provide a personalised and holistic approach to support.
• Making best use of the digital tools and teams around you to ensure there are no barriers to providing support for those who need it during the pandemic.
Customer Support Officer Requirements:
• Motivating and supporting people is what gets you up every day. Nothing makes you happier than seeing someone address and overcome challenges, knowing you helped them get there.
• Knowledge of support provision - customers will need a great support package in place to make a real, lasting difference.
• Ability to interpret data to identify where support/resources should be targeted - we like to be proactive.
• Ability to engage people with support needs - we have a wide customer base and the ability to amend your approach to meet the needs of your audience is essential.
• Experience of planning and providing support - you’ll be experienced in identifying barriers and writing SMART actions plans while motivating customers to achieve their goals.
• You’ll be experienced working with vulnerable customers with a wide range of support needs.
• Nothing will phase you and you will approach all situations with a professional, supportive attitude.
• Experience of establishing relationships with other support providers who can deliver support for our customers.
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written), with the ability to negotiate and persuade and promote the service in a positive and accessible way.
• Computer literate, with knowledge of PC based office management systems.
About Acis Group:
We provide homes for people who need them and services to help our customers lead better lives. We own and manage more than 7,000 properties across the East Midlands and Yorkshire and the Humber, helping thousands of people in our communities every single day. This includes homes for affordable rent, homes for students and homes for older people. We even develop new homes to help people get on the property ladder.
And we have a distinct way of doing all this. Everything we do is for our customers. We think positively, we try to say ‘yes’ more often, we work collaboratively, we try to overcome any barriers placed in our way, we encourage innovation and, in simple terms, get things done. This is called The Acis Way.
Location: Gainsborough, Lincolnshire
Hours: 37 hours per week, Full Time, Fixed Term Contract
Salary: £25,000 per annum
Benefits: 25 days annual leave, rising to 30 days (1 per full year of service) after five years, plus public holidays, Company pension matched up to 8% Flexible working, Cash allowance for essential car users
You may have experience of the following: Customer Support, Customer Support Officer, Customer Service Officer, Customer Service Representative, Customer Services Agent, Customer Services, Customer Services Advisor, etc.