We are currently recruiting for Data Administrators to join our Schemes & Affinities team based in Croydon on a 12-month FTC. This role would suit someone who is passionate around systems, customer service and has a high level of attention to detail.
You will provide crucial support in the implementation of a new IT system, validating and migrating sensitive data from our Websure system to Acturis in an accurate and timely manner. You will have a professional telephone manner, ensuring data collected from customers are correct, amending any inaccuracies. Whilst full systems training will be provided, you will need to be fully competent in using MS suite, including a basic knowledge of Excel.
Location: This role will be remote working with the occasional requirement to work from our Croydon office. We have recently moved to a brand-new office in Croydon which is easily accessible via bus and train.
As a company, PIB is a successful growing group of businesses across different elements of the insurance sector. The Group is growing rapidly both through acquisitions and by employing outstanding individuals with a wealth of knowledge and experience across the insurance market. For context, as a Group we have grown from £15m turnover in 2016 to over £120m in 2019 and we continue to expand from a wholly UK base to mainland Europe with trade reaching to Latin America.
This is an exciting time to join the PIB Group. Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We believe that working together as one team across the Group is better for our customers, our businesses, and our employees.
- You will Accurately transfer data from WebSure to Acturis in a timely manner,
- You will be contacting clients to validate and gather missing information,
- You will aim to achieve the KPI’s set for your role as defined by your Line Manager,
- You will be maintaining files, computer records, ensuring completeness whist labelling system entries and actioning general housekeeping of all records,
- You will be identifying/ reporting any breaches, complaints, E&O, responding in a professional manner to queries,
- You will liaise with all other departments within PIB, whilst carrying out any other additional duties as and when required,
- You will be very comfortable using IT systems and quick to learn,
- You will be at a basic level using MS Excel, MS Word, and Outlook,
- You will have a positive ‘can do attitude’, with a high level of attention to detail,
- Knowledge of commercial insurance or working within a regulated environment is highly desirable
- Knowledge and experience of Acturis system (desirable not essential),
- You will have excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- You will have a professional telephone manner, being able to deliver a high level of customer service
- You will be able to work collaboratively as well as on your own initiative,
Full Job Description available on request.
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We believe that working together as one team across the Group is better for our customers, our businesses, and our employees, we offer excellent rates of pay, fantastic benefits and excellent career opportunities.
PIB Group is an equal opportunities employer, committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, gender, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your application will be treated in the strictest confidence.
23 days ago
12 months Fixed Term