About the job
Enterprise Design Authority Technology is based within Digital Data & Technology (DDaT).
We work across the agency to build a mechanism for achieving the alignment of enterprise and solution, technology architectures to the NCA’s strategic direction.
This role will focus on the technical design elements of an exciting and challenging delivery of key operational capabilities within the NCA.
• Provide specialist technical and data expertise to the Chief Architect, other members of the architecture team, and the wider NCA; leading on data technologies, ETL, data integration, data enrichment, and data modelling.
• Provide data architecture leadership, including the creation and maintenance of the corporate data model.
• Define and maintain enterprise wide data standards, practices, and design patterns, ensuring these align with the enterprise architectural plan HMG strategies, policies, standards and industry good practise.
• Create and maintain a roadmap for data and technology and ensure these align with strategic direction.
• Lead the design (or assurance) of the data aspects of solutions and applications, including data structures, databases, file systems, schemas and metadata.
• Establish and embed standards for data quality and its measurement.
• Assure compliance with data architectures, standards, practices, making recommendations to higher design authorities as needed.
• Lead workshops and similar consultations with users and others to identify user needs and how users consume and categorise content.
• Look across the agency and externally to identify and learn from data and information architecture developments and trends.
***All NCA officers must hold SC Enhanced upon entry as a minimum. To meet the National Security Vetting requirements for this role you will need to have resided in the UK for a minimum of 3 out of the past 5 years. For more information please see the Candidate information Pack***
ResponsibilitiesTo be successful in this role you will have strong data architecture expertise combined with areas of deeper knowledge of technologies and practice, broad understanding of all architecture domains, and strong stakeholder and consultative skills.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Making Effective Decisions
- Working Together
- Changing and Improving
- Delivering at Pace
- Seeing the Big Picture
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Experience of leading the data architecture and design elements of complex, large-scale programmes and projects and as applied to data exploitation and analytics capabilities.
- Current and emerging analytical tools and technologies both on-premises and using public cloud (specifically AWS and/or Microsoft Azure).
- • The ability to make and guide effective technical and data decisions, explaining clearly how the decision has been reached. The ability to understand and resolve technical disputes across varying levels of complexity and risk.
- A Diplomatic allowance that is currently £5000 per year. This allowance is currently under review and may be subject to change
- A Cost of living allowance which is dependent on a number of factors such as personal circumstances and the deployment location
- A transfer grant to recompense for purchasing miscellaneous personal items necessary and appropriate for their relocation overseas.
- Hardship Compensation is paid at certain difficult postings in line with annual rates set by the FCO.
Accommodation is also supplied throughout deployment and the NCA will meet the cost of moving the successful candidates to their deployment location.
The successful candidates will also have the option to move to their deployment location independently or with their family. If children relocate with the successful candidate then the NCA will meet the cost of schooling fees.
The NCA will pay for one return visit to the UK per year for the successful candidate and their dependents.
Relevant training will be provided throughout deployment where applicable.