Data Centre of Excellence Manager | Permanent | Dunstable
We have an exciting opportunity for a Data Centre of Excellence Manager at our head office in Dunstable. Are you a technologist at heart? A leader who can get the best out of their team? Harness the full potential of our current technologies, while finding new and better ways of delivering business-outcomes? If so, then we would love to hear from you!
We are proud of our tech stack, our engineers build our data platforms using the Azure product set; Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake / Warehouse, Azure Databricks, Spark, Synapse Analytics, PowerBI. That being said, we are always looking for new technologies that will enhance the products we build for our customers and our data engineering team plays a big part in suggesting and shaping our technology choices.
What continues to set us apart are our excellent products and people. In Premier Inn, we have the UK’s favourite budget hotel chain, currently outperforming the market and ambitious for more as we execute our plans in both the UK and Germany. We have much loved brands such as Beefeater, Brewers Fayre, Bar + Block alongside exciting up and coming propositions such as Cookhouse & Pub.
We remain true to our values and put our people at the centre of everything we do. Throughout this crisis we a proud to have supported our nations Key Workers by providing accommodation throughout the pandemic.
What you will be doing to contribute
- Be a real people person, with the view of getting the absolute best from your team.
- Work in collaboration with Head of Decision Science and Principal Data Architect to define the Data Strategy, Roadmap and own the delivery of BI & Data Solutions aligned with the business planning process. Prepare business cases & budgets for submission
- Deliver the Data & BI Roadmap – view of and timeline for future capabilities, aligned with Business Plan.
- Understand business drivers, priorities and interdependencies and prioritise/sequence activity with the relevant Exec members.
- Own the discovery activity to shape approach to and options for future capabilities (innovation activity, trials, future capability definition, assessment and recommendation of options, understanding of competitor and supplier capabilities, etc).
- Scope/size the IT capability and concepts required e.g. Data Science, Data Management, Data camps, etc
- Delivery of new Data & BI solutions and capability across the enterprise drawing on direct team and matrix management of wider functions.
- Overall ownership of current Data Products and Services. Management of risks, issues and dependencies. Point of escalation for major service challenges.
- Drive innovation and future thinking within the domain
- Ensure appropriate governance and controls are in place and followed.
Required skills and experience
- Strong leadership skills in a Data focussed delivery team
- A minimum of 5 years experience of centre of excellence or programme / major project delivery
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Experience of delivery of Data & analytics solutions
- Experience with budget and 3rd party supplier management
- Knowledge of Data, Digital, and BI solutions and trends