£20,000 per annum pro rata
4 months ago
Are you looking for a career in an industry leading research organisation?
Do you love working with data and want the opportunity to demonstrate and develop your skills and experience in this area?
Quality Health is a data research organisation, working predominantly in the Health and Social Care sector.
Position: Data Quality Officer
Location: Chesterfield, Derbyshire (Commutable from Sheffield, Rotherham, Mansfield, Worksop and surrounding areas)
Job type: Permanent, Part Time (Either 22.5 hours per week on a whole time contract or 27.5 hours per week on a term time contract) – working pattern negotiable
Salary: £20,000 per annum pro rata
About the role:
The Data Quality Officer is situated in our data team and is related predominantly to the process of managing incoming sample mailing data from our clients (names / addresses of individuals who are being invited to participate in a survey), checking this data for compliance against the sampling requirements for that particular programme and working with clients and national bodies to resolve any issues.
- Undertaking detailed compliance checks on incoming mailing data, ensuring it meets the criteria set for the relevant survey programme.
- Providing a comprehensive level of support and guidance to clients on aspects of the survey programme and requirements for drawing of the sample.
- Use and development of macro code to assist with the data checking process.
- Liaising with clients both verbally and in writing to facilitate resolution of data / sampling errors.
- Preparing data in the required format to enable send out of questionnaires.
- Tracking and recording survey send out activity.
- Monitoring response rates, flagging peculiarities and deciding appropriate solution or escalation.
- Initiating reminder letters to non-respondents.
- Storing personal data in a secure manner and ensuring its destruction at the appropriate time.
- Assisting with outgoing data verification and integrity checks.
- Preparing, formatting and editing data breakdown reports for clients.
- Amending and amalgamating data sets if required.
- Utilising bespoke database to receive files and create workflows.
- A high degree of IT literacy is essential, particularly an in-depth knowledge and understanding of working with MS Excel to manipulate, format and interrogate data.
- Experience of working with other Microsoft products, particularly Word.
- Experience of writing and working with macros (VBA) is desirable.
- Accuracy and attention to detail is essential and the candidate would need to adopt a systematic and logical approach to spot anomalies and sampling / data errors and be able to successfully resolve them.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written are required as is the ability to understand client requirements and assist them with their data.
You may have experience of the following: Data Quality Officer, Data Officer, Data Administrator, Data Quality Administrator, Database Administrator, Data Assistant, Database Assistant, DBA, Database Management, Data Entry Clerk, Admin Assistant, Administrator, etc.