ResponsibilitiesDiversity and Inclusion transformation is hugely important. This role requires an individual who is a positive disruptor, who can drive change across the entire organisational landscape in a credible way. You will be innovative in your approach, and your application must demonstrate this, while outlining your key achievements in the D&I space. You will be the sort of person who can drive and improve processes, and have experience of working with diverse stakeholder groups. If your D&I background is from the Public Sector, it may put you at an advantage as you will bring working knowledge of the Public Sector Equality Duty. However, experience in the Private Sector is welcome. An essential requirement, from either public or private sector background is the demonstration of achievements in diversity and inclusion - how you have impacted an organisation and truly driven change within it. In terms of qualifications, you will have degree level education or equivalent experience. Your experience in the D&I space is more important though, as is an understanding of the issues faced by different groups of people within a workplace setting. As such, applications are welcomed from candidates with lived experience of a protected characteristic (as covered by the Equality Act 2010).
Desirable Skills/ Experience
• In-depth knowledge of legislative framework that supports equality, diversity and inclusion
• Experience with the practical application of policies, practices and procedures with demonstrable success
• Experience of working with and influencing senior managers
• Experience of working collaboratively with affinity groups/staff networks and other stakeholders (internal/external)
• Experience of developing policies, procedures and guidance on equality, diversity and inclusion topics
• Manging projects, working to deadlines and managing own workload
• Show initiative and take an evaluative and creative approach to the equality, diversity and inclusion agenda.
• Experience of working within a public sector environment
• Line management experience
• Presentation skills and/or experience of delivering training and awareness
• Experience of working with data and using this to inform policy and initiatives
Please note that you may be considered for similar positions at the level below the advertised role.
What's in it for you?
You will receive a generous benefits package including market leading employer pension contributions of around 21% of your salary (not including any personal contribution), annual bonuses, a flexible working pattern to fit you, 25 days holiday +1 additional day every year you work up to 30 days with plenty of opportunity for movement and promotion. Some of our sites include an onsite gym, onsite restaurants, cafes and much more.
Find out more about what we offer by clicking here or by using 'The Little Book of Big Benefits' booklet PDF at the bottom of this page.
Applicants should be aware that any move across the Civil Service on or after 5 October 2018 may have implications on an employee’s ability to carry on claiming childcare vouchers.
About DE&S and your team
The force behind the armed forces, DE&S is a highly specialised, branch of the MoD, operating with a budget of £178 billion over the next 10 years. From the procurement of aircraft carriers to the provision of food, we ensure our armed forces have the equipment and support they need to achieve their operations. We employ over 12,000 people across more than 150 locations around the world.
Our HR function sets strategic direction and helps develop the highly skilled and inclusive workforce needed to drive exceptional performance. Through strong stakeholder engagement, HR provides dedicated people management processes, policies and services to support DE&S to deliver its outputs. We are integral to operational delivery.