You will join us as a Debt Advisor providing appropriate advice, support, budgeting and money management assistance to clients who have contacted StepChange Debt Charity with a debt problem.
Debt Advisor Responsibilities:
• Provide a telephone or web based service for clients accessing the charity
• Effectively validate, gather and analyse information provided by a client in order to help them deal with their priorities and to provide them with a solution to allow them to deal with their situation for themselves on an ongoing basis
• Use effective listening and negotiation skills to develop and agree realistic client budgets that fully reflect the client’s situation and best advice
• Present all solutions by describing the advantages and disadvantages according to the clients personal situation and to make a recommendation based on this information
• Ensure that all advice and solutions are presented in accordance with the charity’s policies and procedures and in line with advice Session Quality Standards (and thereby compliant with FCA and Debt Management directives)
Debt Advisor Requirements:
• Telephone and customer contact experience
• Experience of working in a client focused environment
• Dealing with complex queries
• Knowledge of money advice (desirable)
• Ability to explain technical information in a way which is easily understandable to others
About StepChange Debt Charity:
StepChange Debt Charity is a registered charity offering free, confidential advice and support to anyone who’s worried about debt.
Our specialist advisory service helps 620,000 people across the UK each year by advising on personal budgeting, the wise use of credit and, where appropriate, managing achievable plans to repay debts.
With 25 years’ experience, we offer a range of services and solutions through our national telephone service and online debt help tool, via our eight regional centres. We also provide information on avoiding debt, tips on saving money, and day-to-day budgeting advice through our MoneyAware blog.
Location: Cardiff, CF11 9HB
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
You may have experience of the following: Debt Advisor, Call Centre Operative, Call Centre Advisor, Customer Support Representative, Loan Advisor, Helpdesk, Customer Service Advisor, Customer Service Representative, Call Centre Agent, Financial Advisor, Customer Care, Call Handler, Claims Handler, Debt Management Advisor, Telesales etc.
3 months ago