Delivery Manager, Data and BI | Dunstable | Permanent
We have an exciting opportunity for a Delivery Manager, Data and BI within our Support Centre in Dunstable. Can you understand business-outcomes and deliver initiatives against a prioritised product backlog? Harness the full potential of a data engineering and analysis team, to ensure that strategic business projects are achieved? If so, then we would love to hear from you!
Whitbread is the UK's leading hospitality company in the FTSE 100 including brands such as Premier Inn and Beefeater. By the end of 2020, our goal is to increase the number of Premier Inn UK rooms to an incredible 85,000. All while creating around 3,000 UK jobs a year and continuing to expand our presence worldwide. There has never been a more exciting time to Whitbread!
About the role:
The core purpose of the role is to manage delivery of the BI Product Backlog and data delivery workstreams of strategic projects/programmes. This includes all aspects of product backlog management: Release/Sprint Planning, Resource Management, Financial Management, Risk Management, Communication, Supplier Management, Investment Planning, Governance & Compliance, Change Control and Product Delivery.
- Successfully deliver the prioritised product backlog to agreed schedule, budget and scope in line with the agreed business plan/priorities and technology roadmap.
- Successfully deliver data workstreams and product changes to support strategic projects and programmes.
- Day to day engagement with stakeholder groups across Functions, Brands, IT SMEs and external IT Suppliers to ensure all parties are aligned on expectations, timelines and delivery status.
- Ensure compliance with IT and business governance standards as defined by the Technology PMO function.
What you’ll be doing:
- Overall responsibility for the successful initiation, release planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of BI & Data backlog items/project workstreams
- Setting realistic and practical goals, driving release/sprint planning, stand-ups, reviews and retrospectives
- Evaluate progress of the releases on a frequent basis and make timely interventions as needed to drive down risk and manage issues/ dependencies
- Own the discovery activity to shape options for future capabilities
- Manage third-party supplier deliverables to time, cost and quality
- Manage the transition from backlog delivery into managed support arrangements
- Manage, direct and motivate key IT resources (data and test analysts, engineers) and other key resources across the technology function in a matrix style organisational structure
- Maintain product quality by establishing and enforcing organisational standards
- Manage financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing budgets, scheduling expenditure, analysing variances and initiating corrective actions
- Improve user adoption/data literacy whilst moving the organisation along the data maturity curve
What you’ll need:
- Significant experience managing multiple IT projects, including budgets over £500k
- Demonstrable experience of delivering business IT solutions from concept through to operational use
- Proven experience of directing and motivating product delivery teams
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of Project management practices and methodologies
- Knowledge of the hospitality industry or equivalent, e.g. Retail, Travel
- Solid foundation of technology knowledge and ability to adapt new skills and techniques as they emerge in the fast-moving technology sector
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies.