Role: Demand Planning Manager – Maternity Cover of up to 12 months
Location: Whitbread Court, Dunstable, Bedfordshire.
Salary: From £45,500 up to £55,000 plus other benefits
As Demand Planning Manager and working closing with our Procurement Food and Beverage Teams as well as our Restaurants Team, you will manage the Demand Planning process for Premier Inn & Restaurant products from supplier to sites, including taking action to maximise availability of products through forecasting, seasonality and promotions to ensure the best possible service to stores by keeping the products at an optimum inventory level.
What you will be doing:
- To manage the Demand Planning process for all Premier Inn & Restaurant Food & Drinks products from supplier to sites, including taking action to maximise availability of products through key events, seasonality and promotions to ensure the best possible service to stores by keeping the products at an optimum inventory level.
- The Demand Planning Manager will have overall responsibility for all Food & Drinks categories and brands and will ensure that they have stock in the right place, at the right time, and in the right quantity to fulfil demand for stores and online. Accountability for c£350m COGS and £1.5b in revenue.
- To manage 2 Demand Analysts in Food (direct reports) & 1 Demand Analyst in Drinks (indirect report / dotted line) in ensuring that stock is in the right place at the right time, across the business
- Coordinate with the forecast and demand planning system team to ensure correct algorithms and processes are fully implemented.
- Leadership is a major part of the role to ensure the respective Administrators are correctly managing stock replenishment and ensuring stock is at an optimum level
- Management of Logistic Partners and exception reporting – weekly meetings to ensure Logistic Partners are adhering to KPI’s and measures in place. Working with Logistic Partners to put an action plan in place if needed.
- Stakeholder relationship management / Coordination of effective communication between WB key stakeholders (OD’s, Restaurants MD, CMO, Head of Procurement, Procurement & Supply Chain Director) and Logistic Partner’s leadership team (National Inventory Manager & Account Manager).
- Working together with the procurement, commercial and New Process teams - responsible for delivering the new menu critical path ensuring launches are delivered on time and in full to all restaurant brands.
- Working with 3rd party providers to ensure orders and scale-outs are managed to critical path and budget.
- Managing the Stock at Risk process, ensuring potential stock at risk is reported to business in the required timelines, and actions are driven to mitigate waste, by engaging all stakeholders needed. To report on site, depot and supplier stock.
Why we’d love you to apply:
- Within a management role in Forecasting , Inventory Management, Demand Planning or Merchandising gained at fast moving retail or food manufacturing industries.
- Highly numerate with Excel skills to an expert level
- Able to shift and prioritise tasks for the wider benefit
- Ability to think outside the box
- Effective communication skills, with ability to build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to work independently, using initiative to manage workload and able to respond to varied and changing demands
As a leading British business of more than 275 years standing, we have experienced turbulent times before and adapted and evolved to remain one of the hospitality sector’s most successful companies. Built on such robust foundations, our expertise has meant we responded decisively throughout this year with our teams, guests and the continuity of our business at the heart of every decision we made. We acted quickly, to ensure we were prepared for the future, whatever it may hold.
What continues to set us apart are our excellent products and people. We have much loved brands such as Beefeater, Brewers Fayre, Bar + Block alongside exciting up and coming propositions such as Cookhouse & Pub. And in Premier Inn, we have the UK’s favourite budget hotel chain, currently outperforming the market and ambitious for more as we execute our plans in both the UK and Germany. At Whitbread, we remain true to our values and put our people at the centre of everything we do.
In return, we will offer you:
- Sharesave scheme
- A collaborative work culture that focuses on enabling your success and continuing your personal development
- A genuine flexible working policy
- Individual BUPA healthcare
- Optional contributory pension matched up to 10%
- Up to 25% discount off our brands
- Perks at work