Alzheimer's Society is the UK's leading dementia charity. We provide information and support, improve care, fund research, and create lasting change for people affected by dementia.
Position: Dementia Adviser (Telephone)
Location: Warrington, Cheshire
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: 28 to 35 per week (variable during busy periods of high demand)
Salary: £19,964 to £20,770 depending on skills and experience
Closing date: 24 January 2020
Interview date: TBC
About the role:
We have developed an exciting and innovative new service delivery model ‘Dementia Connect’ which has 5 main elements:
- A specialist telephone-based information and navigation service
- A face to face service offering an increased level of support for more complex cases
- Self-management - our online community (Talking Point) and online service directory is always available
- Keeping in Touch Calls - a way of keeping in contact with service users as their journey with dementia progresses
- Side by Side - a volunteer led service to support people to undertake activities in the community
- This role is an Adviser working in our telephone-based service; you will be the first point of contact via phone, letter, email or social media, for people affected by dementia assessing their needs and identifying desired outcomes.
As a Dementia Adviser (Telephone) you will provide a highly responsive, individualised information and signposting service to people with a diagnosis of dementia as the first priority for the service and provide an extended information and signposting service to immediate carers, families and friends of the people who are referred to the service.
You will have knowledge of working alongside volunteers and understand the valuable contribution volunteers bring to services whilst championing their inclusion in all that we deliver.
Our service operates seven days a week and you will have the flexibility to support our service users across our working hours, which are currently Monday to Wednesday 9am-8pm, Thursday to Friday 9am – 5pm and Weekends 9am to 5pm.
We are looking for someone who possesses an NVQ level 3 or equivalent in a health and social care related subject has an understanding of the needs of people with dementia and their carers and has direct experience of working in a telephone and e-mail based service with active listening and questioning skills.
You will join a team of people who are passionate to improve the life opportunities of people living with dementia and those close to them; and who are committed to learning from and supporting each other.
You may have experience of the following: Dementia Adviser, Care Assistant, Caseworker, Special Needs Assistant, Social Worker, Social Care, Community Care, Helpline Coordinator, Volunteering Officer, Support Worker, Mental Health, Dementia, etc.
£19,964 to £20,770 depending on skills and experience
6 months ago