About the job
We are an effective, efficient and impartial tax and payments authority with a vital purpose: to collect the money that pays for the UK’s public services and help families and individuals with targeted financial support.
We have embarked on a major transformational Programme to redirect more of our people and resources to compliance activities, modernising systems and re-engineering processes to become more customer-oriented. We also aim to bring our 65,000 staff together from 170 to 13 modern offices across the country, alongside a small number of specialist sites and an HQ.
Our single department plan 2015 - 2020, which sets out our plans for achieving our strategic objectives and delivering our vision, is available online at: Single Departmental Plan.
In 2017 we agreed a new vision and, together with our people, defined our values:
The post holder will be accountable for:
• HMRC’s strategic vision and objectives for its customers
• Devising improved data analysis and performance measurement against our strategic vision
• Devising and implementing strategies for embedding our insight into all of HMRC work and using the insight to drive change
• Policy and change work regarding Agents.
• Along with the DD for Design Strategy Governance and Resourcing finding innovative ways to embed customer insight into HMRC’s design work
• Setting up this new team, ensuring it is well resourced, motivated, engaged and performs to a high standard.
As a member of the Directorate SLT the jobholder will have an important role to play in:
• Building the wider Directorate, and shaping relationships between CIDD and other HMRC directorates, positively building HMRCs staff engagement and external reputation.
• Representing CIDD on senior governance boards as appropriate
ResponsibilitiesTo be successful you will need to be an outstanding leader with excellent senior management and leadership experience and a strong track record of delivery in a high profile, complex organisation.
You will need to be able to demonstrate your capability against the following criteria:
• A proven ability to think strategically and align outcomes to strategic ambitions.
• A proven ability to drive change across an organisation
• Excellent stakeholder management collaboration and communication skills
• Comfortable in managing and interpreting analytical data
• The ability to work effectively in a complex and undefined environment
• Excellent leader with a proven ability to develop a motivated, engaged and high performing cross cutting team, whilst also contributing to the senior leadership of the wider Directorate