- The ability to work at pace in a complex multi-stakeholder environment.
- Highly developed policy and analysis skills, and the ability to assimilate a wide range of information quickly.
- A proven track record in winning and retaining the trust of Senior Ministers and officials or senior, high profile stakeholder.
- Excellent drafting skills.
- Highly developed communication, networking and negotiation skills.
- Strong leadership skills as outlined in the CS Leadership Statement, both in leading high performing teams and corporately.
- Experience of working in an economic department or on economic policy
ResponsibilitiesKey responsibilities will include:
- Lead and manage a team of ~ 8 people;
- Ensuring timely and collective decision-making across all areas of the brief, which includes:
- The work of key economic departments - BEIS, HMT and HMRC - and fiscal events;
- The UK’s domestic economic framework and the impacts of trade negotiations, including interactions with the domestic regulatory regime and impacts on domestic consumers and companies
- Issues including the industrial strategy, inward investment, regulation, subsidy control, public sector pay, and science
- Acting as senior Secretariat to the National Space Council and working with other teams in the Secretariat to manage the Economic Operations Committee and the Domestic and Economic Strategy Committee;
- Providing inclusive leadership to the team and playing an active role in leadership of the wider Secretariat.