Responsibilities• To deliver a transformed Shared Services solution for the central department and four executive agencies HR functions, whilst supporting the wider Future of Shared Services programme in key HR workstreams such as communications, organisational and systems design.
• This will encompass employee and line manager services, functionality for professional HR users, payroll, expenses and management of the current Shared Service supplier.
• To oversee the technical design, build and implementation for the proposed HR systems suite.
• To manage the full end of end impact of multiple new systems on HR processes and policies, leading on the organisational design, business change, communications and training required to successfully land the programme.
• To review corporate service delivery models within the DfT family to maximise the customer experience, working alongside the central department and its agencies.
• To influence, engage and manage a diverse range of stakeholders, including Trade Union engagement, Senior Leaders and Executive Committee Members.
The successful candidate will need to ensure the Department for Transport and Executive Agencies derive maximum value from investment in Shared Services covering Enterprise and Resource Planning (ERP) solutions, Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) arrangements and relevant supporting governance and DfT service delivery models.
Be the Senior lead for the current live HR Shared Services (ERP and BPO) for DfT and the Executive Agencies supporting 17,000 users. Delivering ongoing changes required to the existing system and managing the performance of our outsourced partner.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Work with the Cabinet Office and other SAP customers in government to develop and deliver a new system which meets the Government Shared Service Strategy and is compliant with the Civil Service HR Global Design Principles.
• Take the lead as the Government Pathfinder for SAP Concur (expenses solution) and parts of SAP Success Factors (ESS and MSS).
• Track record of improving digital capability, leading teams to deliver relevant, informative and engaging digital content across a range of platforms;
• Manage the relationship with HR Directors and senior agency leaders to ensure the services meet customer requirements, whilst driving standardisation, simplicity and automation.
• Work across the wider HR function, in particular HR policy and operations colleagues to agree new people processes and policies to align with the new shared services system and make the most of the functionality this delivers.
• Identify opportunities to optimise business processes, including the use of automation.
• Confidently, and successfully manage the HR Shared Services Programme into a sustainable business as usual model, focusing on future opportunities for system optimisation, robust governance and automation.
• Provide proactive, visible leadership both across the HR and Central Programme teams, building a high performing, technical capable and innovative team.
- a generous annual leave entitlement,
- attractive pension options,
- flexible working,
- good career development opportunities,
- a variety of career paths,
- inclusive working environments and much more to support a healthy work/life balance."