• The Programme’s policy framework, including how best to serve consumers and protect privacy, as well as aligning with the Department’s wider energy and consumer policies
• Chairing the Programme’s Design Authority which ensures all technical, regulatory, consumer engagement and programme decisions are taken in line with our policy aims
• Maintaining and evolving our regulatory strategy and relationships with Ofgem, so that the obligations we place on energy suppliers and the DCC meet our policy aims
• Managing media enquiries and ministerial correspondence, Parliamentary Questions and briefings
• Delivering effective governance of the programme, both internally to coordinate and integrate between workstreams, and externally to coordinate and drive delivery by key stakeholders including energy suppliers and the Data Communications Company Coordinating our progress reporting to BEIS, HM Treasury, Cabinet Office, No10 and the IPA.
Please take time to read the attached Candidate pack for further information about this role and the recruitment process.
Your Personal Statement (no more than 1250 words) should explain how you consider your personal skills, qualities and experience provide evidence of your suitability for the role, with particular reference to the essential criteria in the person specification
ResponsibilitiesThe successful candidate will be able to demonstrate success in the following areas:
• Excellent senior leadership with experience of successfully leading diverse multidisciplinary teams.
• A strategic and lateral policy thinker who is politically aware and attuned to the challenges of delivering large scale programmes within complex organisations.
• Experience of building highly effective and collaborative working relationships with a range of stakeholders, with an ability to influence and confidently challenge when necessary.
• Familiarity with programme and project delivery techniques or a willingness to develop these skills.
We expect all our senior leaders to be:
• Brilliant – inspiring, high performing, with a clear sense of purpose
• Enterprising – creative, open to ideas, well connected
• Inclusive – encouraging everyone to bring their whole self to work
• Skilled – expert and committed to development and impact