Lettings Assistant – Private Listings
We are now recruiting for a Lettings Assistant to join our successful private lettings team. “White Horse Lettings” secure affordable private rented properties for low income households at risk of homelessness.
Lettings Assistant Responsibilities:
• Liaise with landlords in the private sector to secure affordable private rent tenancies for residents at risk of homelessness.
• Support households at risk of homelessness to secure and maintain affordable private rented accommodation.
• Draw up tenancy agreements, complete entrance and exit inventories and undertake property inspections.
• Understand and apply health and safety legislation and council policies in relation to private rented accommodation.
• Provide intensive support for the tenant at the start of their tenancy. This may include help to claim benefits and secure employment.
• Liaise with statutory and voluntary agencies to ensure appropriate support packages are in place for tenants, including when moving on to new accommodation.
• Maintain accurate records for White Horse Lettings tenancies, including rent-in-advance loans and deposit bond claim repayments
• Ensure payments to tenants and landlords are accurately issued and received in a timely manner.
• Offer advice and assistance on the council’s choice-based lettings scheme.
• Be responsible for liaising with the police over public safety issues concerning re-housing dangerous offenders and sex offenders.
• Produce statistics and reports relating to White Horse Lettings tenancies on request.
• Assist in the implementation of new policies, procedures and legislation.
• Attend and participate in meetings and training events as required.
• Any other duties relevant to the position and appropriate to the grading of the post.
Lettings Assistant Requirements:
• 5 GCSE’s at grades A – C, including English and Mathematics, or an
equivalent level of qualification
• Experience of dealing with vulnerable, and in some cases distressed people
• Good knowledge of health and safety regulations relevant to letting, maintenance and managing accommodation
• Experience of face to face contact with customers
• Ability to use IT systems, such as email, word and excel…
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Understanding of confidentiality
• Experience of working well in a team
• Full driving licence and use of a car insured for business use
If you have the following experience or qualifications – it’s a bonus
• Knowledge of tenancy law and housing legislation
• Knowledge of welfare rights
• Familiarity with the district
• Experience of working in local government
• Experience of working in social housing
About South Oxfordshire District council & Vale of White Horse District Council:
South Oxfordshire and Vale of White Horse District Councils are forward-thinking local authorities, based in one of the most attractive areas of the country. They are looking for a professional, competent and enthusiastic person who can communicate well at all levels. An excellent benefits package is on offer including annualised hours (flexible working) and a career average pension scheme.
Salary: £26,369 per annum
Job Type: Full-time, 1 year contract
Hours: 37 hours per week
Location: Milton Park, Oxfordshire
Closing date: 7th September 2020
Benefits: A basic 24 days annual leave per annum, rising to 29 days after five years. You also have all the bank holidays to look forward to and time off between Christmas and New Year. Flexible Working and annualised hours. Salary pay awards. A generous career average pension scheme which includes life insurance of three times your salary and many many more.
You may have experience of the following: Lettings Assistant, Lettings Administrator, Lettings Officer, Housing Assistant, Home Allocation, Project Officer, Housing Advisor, Housing Administrator, Estate Agent, Letting Agent, Social Housing, Charity, Charities, NFP, Not for Profit, Third Sector, Private Listings, etc.
£26369 per annum
about 1 month ago
Lettings Assistant – Private Listings