Our client is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK. They work with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We are looking for an experienced 'hands-on' technical manager with a proven background in DevOps to lead a team responsible for the design, build and support of platform level components.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for delivering and maintaining an Azure DevOps platform and driving the adoption of DevOps tools across the teams. You will ideally have a deep understanding and experience of implementing Azure DevOps capabilities and a track record of taking organisations on the journey to adopting new ways of agile working.
As a DevOps Manager, you will be responsible for delivering and maintaining an Azure DevOps pipeline and driving the adoption of DevOps tools, processes and culture across the teams. You will lead the implementation of DevOps capabilities and help drive the adoption of new agile ways of working.
In this role, you will be responsible for establishing, growing and maintaining processes within the organisation, leveraging automation tools and applications services available in the cloud. You will lead provisioning of Azure environments, build deployment, software configuration, continuous integration, continuous delivery (CD/CD), and release engineering processes.
As a leader within the organisation, you will take a lead role in the delivery of the Azure platform solutions at a macro level and per service for legacy systems. To do so you will have the opportunity to build and lead a team of subject matter experts and integrate them with the wider IT services.
Key Skills & Experience
- Experience building and leading a DevOps team
- Experience with configuring management and DevOps workflow automation tools
- Extensive DevOps solutions experience required, including experience designing and implementing robust CI/CD pipeline solutions.
- Extensive working knowledge and experience using the Azure DevOps toolset.
- Defines and implements DevOps metrics to measure DevOps effectiveness.
- Strong analytical/technical writing skills.
- Strong trouble shooting/problem solving skills.
- Experience in a senior or above position with strong people management skills.
- Strong team player; ability to facilitate, negotiate and work within a multi-domain team environment.
- Solid understanding of cloud platforms, including virtualization and containerization.
- Familiarity with CI/CD concepts and agile-hybrid delivery models.
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- Discretionary bonus arrangements
- Access to performance related pay progression
- 25 days annual leave provision
- Flexible working arrangements
- Development opportunities
- Enhanced parental leave arrangements
- A free employee assistance programme
- An excellent office location in Brighton with working flexibility options