Digital Architect | Holborn | Permanent
We have an exciting opportunity for a Digital Architect to join the team based at Whitbread’s London Digital Hub, to help us drive our vision of being the world’s leading Budget Hotel and Restaurant company.
The role will help us drive our strategic vision for our Digital platform, joining at the start of an ambitious multi-year program of change to deliver a world-class platform, delivering our customers a compelling digital experience throughout their stay with us.
The architecture team are driving an Architecture Led approach across our business, and the role will help represent the Digital platform across the wider Group strategy.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working with the Architecture Team, Digital Product teams, Commercial Stakeholders, produce and maintain the Portfolio Analysis for the Digital Platforms.
- Working as part of the Architecture Group, and with the Commercial Leads, identify and develop the Target Architecture for Whitbread, driving us towards our objective to be the World Leading Budget Hotel chain.
- Solution architects support the Agile Teams and Third-Party Suppliers throughout the Agile Delivery process by helping to define User Stories, Backlog refinements, Solution Design, development cycles, Test Automation and Continuous Integration/Delivery
- Working with the Digital Platform teams (websites, mobile and in the future, contact centre), support the Agile Delivery process, working both at Iteration and Scrum level as appropriate.
- Developing suitable guidelines, principles and patterns working closely with the engineering teams to ensure the effectiveness and flexibility of our platforms.
- Working with our partners, and researching both the hospitality and wider technology sectors to identify opportunities for Whitbread to exploit modern technology to help drive our business forward
What you’ll need:
- Ability to move between conceptual, logical and physical problems and designs
- Demonstrate a "customer obsessed" mind-set when evaluating solution options
- Ability to summarise complex issues for technical and non-technical teams
- Working alongside the Product Owners and Delivery Team Leads to review architectural feasibility of the requirements, including Non-Functional Requirements and Security considerations, defining the high-level Solution Outline
- Common Digital Architecture approaches including;
- Cloud Hosting and Infrastructure-as-Code
- UX/UI approaches and technologies
- Microservices including messaging and events
- Continuous Integration/Delivery
- Structured and Unstructured Data collection/usage/storage
- Working with Digital tech stacks;
- Microservices, Java, REST APIs, JSON
- Amazon Web Services
- Agile development: Scrum, Design Patterns, OOD, TDD/BDD
- Applicable CMS expertise, AEM is a big plus!