An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Digital Assistant Brand Manager to join our client, a leading global FMCG company, to be based at their prestigious facility in Leatherhead (currently working from home). This is a full-time temporary role for a period of 12 months, working a 36.25-hour week, to start ASAP. This role is paying up to £32,800, pro rata per annum, depending on experience.
Pepsi Lipton is a joint venture between Unilever and PepsiCo to manufacture and sell iced tea branded products around the world. Two of our biggest brands, Lipton and Pure Leaf, are worth over $1 billion in Retail Sales Value.
As an independent company in its own right, the joint venture has its own board of directors. As a global organization, the variation in countries, bottlers and manufacturing sites makes this a very exciting place to work. We have 5 regional organisations operating across the world: North America, Europe, Latin America, AMESAA (Aus, Middle East, Subsaharan Africa) and APAC. We are constantly breaking new grounds with new mixes launched into white markets.
Whilst we have the backing and support of our two parent companies, our entrepreneurial set-up gives us real autonomy. Our roles are broad, our responsibilities are big and our experiences even bigger with the opportunity to learn from the best talent of both companies. We have high visibility and great exposure to senior leadership and to talented colleagues all over the world. It means - all resources in the JV need to have powerful influential skills and be confident to operate independently. It as well means, that we are leaders responsible from the end-to-end business in a way that's just not possible at our parent companies.
We are looking for an experienced, passionate, and creative Digital Assistant Brand Manager to join our Global marketing team. With a focus on Social Marketing, you will be responsible for implementing Lipton Ice Tea's Social Media strategy to increase our online presence, earned awareness, established an online community, and improve our marketing efforts. You will also be responsible for planning and managing the everyday activities and campaigns on our key social channels.
The individual we are looking for needs to be proactive, driven with strong bias for action, and has a keen mindset for growth. We're looking for someone who thrives in balancing brand, consumer, insights and channels -and who will be turning strategy into reality. You should have excellent communication skills and be able to express our Brands' views creatively. As a Digital Assistant Brand Manager, we expect you to be up-to-date with the latest social media trends and digital technologies.
The successful candidate will report into the Global Digital Marketing Hub Lead and will be part of the Pepsi-Lipton Digital Hub. You will also be working closely with the Brand teams across regions as well as the Insights, Creative, and Media teams, and our agency partners, to plan and manage content for the new global Instagram account and drive the Community building of the Brand.
Content & Social Comms:
- Deployment of the social media strategy to align with Brand objectives and KPIs
- Own the creation of an Always-On content calendar and plan content needs
- Liaise with regional and local brand teams as well as agencies to develop our content calendar
- Responsible for content curation through selected agency and ambassador partners
- Act as the custodian of the social strategy, ensuring social content and tone of voice is Brand fit
- Produce copy for assets and posts, ensuring tone of voice is aligned to the brand guidelines
- Stay up to date on any trending topics that might be relevant for the brand
- Suggest creative ways to respond to live topics and trends and through agile content creation
- Schedule and publish social posts in line with the approved content calendar
- Monitor the performance of the channel and content daily and share any interesting insights or observations
- Communicate with followers, respond to queries promptly
- Monitor customer comments and reviews
- Suggest and implement new social features
Analytics & Reporting:
- Create a weekly reporting template, in line with the channel objectives and KPIs
- Report back on performance using channel analytics and Hootsuite.
- Make actionable recommendations based on data, for future content development and channel growth
- Proven experience in Digital Marketing including hands-on experience in content management
- Deep understanding of the digital ecosystem (including social media)
- Proficient in Data analysis to derive actionable insight
- An excellent communicator with senior stakeholders, and peers (conversational and presentational)
- Proven project management skills, particularly around assessing priorities and managing workloads
- Excellent listening skills and the ability to understand and articulate customer needs in social comms
- Experience managing relationships within a large, multinational, matrix organization
- Experience working with stakeholders and agencies
- BSc degree or Master's in marketing or relevant field
- Excellent copywriting and communication skills
- Experience with Hootsuite a plus
- Fluency in French highly desirable