Here at Unipart Group, we provide imaginative and transformational solutions to many of the world’s best known and most demanding companies. These companies rely on us to take their productivity, quality of service and customer satisfaction to new levels.
Unipart Digital, part of the technology division of Unipart Group, has created an extensive portfolio of digital capabilities that span data science, IoT and sensors, picking solutions, robotic process automation, 3D scanning and printing and augmented and virtual reality.
Digital Commercial Manager Responsibilities:
As our Digital Commercial Manager you will take a hands-on role in taking this portfolio of digital products to market, whilst ensuring effective execution of the complete customer life cycle. This life cycle will comprise product promotion, customer prospecting, lead generation/business development, pre-sales/technical marketing, sales operations, lead conversion and closing sales, customer success management/revenue retention, and professional services associated with product implementation. You will report directly to the Managing Director - Technology and collaborates closely with group marketing and product engineering.
This role will give you the opportunity to play a key role in building a winning team. You will be responsible for allocating budget resources, formulating policies, coordinating business operations, monitoring and motivating colleagues, managing operational costs, ensuring good customer service, improving administration processes, engaging with vendors, hiring and training colleagues, identifying business opportunities, and monitoring financial activities.
Possessing excellent communication skills, you will have a proven knowledge of logistics and business operations, budgeting and finance skills, and strong leadership qualities. You will account for all business activities, support staff development, enhance efficiency, drive sales and improve revenue, maintain relationships with clients, enhance the organisation's image, and meet overall growth objectives.
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
• Identifying emerging or existing customer/market requirements critical to the growth of Unipart Digital.
• Management pre-sales engineering and technical marketing talent to develop customer facing content including demonstrations, presentations, and associated materials
• Engaging with customers to fully understand business needs then recommend and prioritise development of solutions to the Product Management team.
• Ensuring revenue targets are achieved and that operations and supporting processes are delivered effectively.
• Developing and managing the team, individuals and processes responsible for successfully launching Unipart Digital products to market.
• Collaborating with product management/finance to determine product and implementation services pricing strategy.
• Coordinating with the CFO/Finance to set capital budgets to support personnel, marketing, and expense associated with product related goals.
• Coordinating with CDO/product engineering to ensure product roadmap, sprints, and product deliverables align with market and customer requirements.
Digital Commercial Manager Requirements:
• Degree in Business Management, Marketing or related discipline or equivalent related experience.
• Previous experience of Commercial Management (preferably in a Tech company) and experience and a good working knowledge of logistics operations.
• Leadership and ability to manage an agile, virtual and multifunctional team consisting of marketing, sales and operations.
• Excellent IT skills with strong technical financial and business planning skills including the setting, maintenance and management of revenue and capital budgets.
• Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills and an ability to relate to people at all levels.
• A proven track record of developing, managing and delivering projects within agreed budget and timescale.
• The ability to meet the demands of the position and the ability to work under pressure.
• The ability to develop a culture of service excellence and deliver a consistent an exceptional experience for customers and colleagues.
• Experience of logistics environment would be desirable but not essential.
About Unipart Group:
You may remember Unipart as the company that revolutionised the automotive parts industry in the 1970s. Unipart is different company today with clients such as McLaren, Apple, Vodafone, BSkyB, Jaguar Land Rover and, the NHS. The Unipart Group is an independent manufacturing, logistics and consultancy company that employs nearly 10,000 employees worldwide and has an annual turnover of more than £1 billion.
Location: Cambridge / Cowley / Remote
Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: The remuneration package will be commensurate with the role and experience
You may have experience of the following: Commercial Manager, Digital Manager, Digital Operations Manager, Commercial Operations Manager, Logistics, Project Manager, Product Manager, Head of Product Management, etc.