About the job
Working pattern: Part-Time, Term-Time, Job Sharing, Flexible Working – real flexible working! Whether working from home or remotely, working part-time, job sharing or working compressed hours, we have people doing it and are very happy to discuss options with you
These are exciting times at Her Majesty’s Court and Tribunals Service (HMCTS). As an agency of the MoJ, we provide the supporting administration for the judiciary across England and Wales. Within that portfolio the Digital and Technology Services Transformation Programme (DTS) has a clear ambition to create an organisational culture where diverse and inclusive multi-disciplinary teams bring together in-house digital, data and technology specialists to build capability, work smarter and more efficiently.
As a Delivery Manager (Part Time) you will be accountable for the effective delivery of complex, high-risk products and services. You will have experience across a range of products and services, throughout the entire product life cycle, and have some responsibility and accountability as a point of escalation. You will also be accountable for the performance of the team.
What will you be doing?
• Build and maintain teams, ensuring they are motivated, collaborating and working well
• Identify obstacles and help the team to overcome them
• Focus the team on what is most important to the delivery of products and services
• Encourage and facilitate continuous improvement of the delivery team
• Coach and mentor both team members and others to apply the most appropriate agile and lean tools and techniques
• Identify and compare the best processes or delivery methods to use
What are we looking for?
• Can recognize when something does not work and encourage a mindset of experimentation
• Adapt and reflect, be resilient and have the ability to see outside of the process
• Use a blended approach depending on the context
• Measure and evaluate outcomes
• Know how to help teams to manage and visualize outcomes
• Have had experience in applying Agile principles in practice
What can we offer you?
• A generous pension scheme on average of up to 22%
• 25 days leave, plus 8 bank holidays, plus 1 privilege day usually taken around the Queens’ birthday
• 1 additional day of leave for every year you work, up to a maximum of 5 extra days
• Flexible working; whether it’s working from home or remotely, working part-time, job sharing, or working compressed hours, we have people doing it and are happy to discuss options with you
• Access to great training and development through Civil Service Learning and the dedicated Capability Team
• Great maternity, adoption, and shared parental leave, with up to 26 weeks leave at full pay, 13 weeks with partial pay, and 13 weeks further leave. And maternity support/paternity leave at full pay for 2 weeks, too!
• Bike loans and secure bike parking (subject to availability and location)
• Season ticket loans, childcare vouchers, and eye-care vouchers.
• Up to 5 days paid leave per year for voluntary work you may wish to undertake
• We also currently have employee-run networks for colleagues of minority ethnic origin, employees with disabilities, those with caring responsibilities, women employees, and lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender employees with which you will eligible to join
HMCTS Digital & Technology Services (DTS) is creating a place in which it is great to do work and part of our offer is brilliant training opportunities and support from expert colleagues. As well as that you’ll find flexible working, an inclusive culture and a place where your opinion is valued.
We have roles are at various levels/grades. Please hit apply and member of our recruitment team will be in touch to discuss the role in more detail, answer any questions you might have and advise on next steps!
Further details can be found in the downloadable Job Description
ResponsibilitiesPlease refer to Job Description
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Seeing the Big Picture
- Managing a Quality Service
• A working environment that supports a range of flexible working options to enhance your work life balance
• A working culture which encourages inclusion and diversity
• A civil service pension
• Annual Leave
• Public Holidays
• Season Ticket Advance
For more information about the recruitment process, benefits and allowances and answers to general queries, please click the below link which will direct you to our Candidate Information Page.