Digital Investigator in Bradford (6 months fixed term)
£21,262 per annum to £25,014 per annum
35 hours per week
About the job:
This in an exciting opportunity for analytical, data focussed and inquisitive individuals to join the Commercial and Customer Team in the new role of Digital Investigator. As a Digital Investigator you will work towards the detection and prevention of digital travel fraud using a combination of detection software and investigative techniques. A natural problem solver, you’ll work closely with our Fraud Investigators, providing them with accurate data to enable robust investigations to take place.
Working in this role you will be using systems to identify suspicious activity, and analysing data to identify unusual customer behaviour and potential travel fraud.
The role will also include:
- Preparing prosecution packs and restitution proposals to pass to colleagues in the Prosecution team
- Detecting unusual activity, investigating, and subsequently blocking suspicious accounts to mitigate risk and protect revenue losses to Northern Trains
- Attending Magistrates Courts, if necessary, to provide fixed written evidence and clerical assistance in
- support of the Prosecutors within the team
The successful candidates will have strong analytical, numerical and organisational skills, with experience of data analysis and working with databases. We are also looking for:
- Exceptional PC skills
- The ability to work to deadlines, be adaptable and prioritise workloads
- Excellent attention to detail
- Accurate data input skills
- Knowledge of fraud prevention, detection and investigation
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Honesty with ethical working practices with high levels of integrity and confidentiality
These roles are initially for a 6 month fixed term contract, and there is a possibility, but no guarantee, that they will become permanent roles.
In return, you’ll discover brilliant opportunities to grow and progress within Northern. Not to mention amazing perks and benefits like free or discounted travel, employee assistance, generous policies, regular pay reviews and a great pension. We look forward to receiving your application.
We are transforming… and we are on the lookout for smart, forward thinking and motivated people to join us on our journey. You’ll help us to grow our business during this exciting time, shaping rail travel in the North and providing our customers with a service to be proud of.
If this sounds like you, then you’re in the right place. We’ve got lots of great things planned and we need more like-minded people, contributing fresh ideas, passion and commitment to bring our vision to life. You’ll be joining a business that values its people, where hard work is rewarded, and development and progression ensure we retain and attract the very best talent.
Northern plays a vital role in the north of England by connecting tens of thousands of people to work, leisure, education and more every day. Our aim is to connect people to opportunities by providing a reliable and friendly train service. We have made significant progress since we started but there is much more that we want to achieve.
Benefits and Rewards:
By working as part of the Northern team, you will receive the following benefits:
· Free Travel on Northern services – for you and your family*
· 75% discount on all other Train Operating Companies leisure services*
· Pension Scheme
· A generous holiday entitlement
· Maternity and Paternity Benefits – above the statutory minimum
· Full uniform for frontline facing roles
· Employee Assistance Programme – operating 24/7, giving a wide range of advice, support and useful information for employees
· And many more!
*Terms and conditions apply
Our selection Process:
Our selection processes are designed to make joining Northern as smooth as possible, it not only provides us with the information we need to decide whether you’re the right person to deliver a great service to our customers, but also to make sure we’re also the right team for you.
Your on-line application:
The first thing you need to do is complete our online application form and tell us a little bit more about yourself.
Once we have all your details, we will be back in touch to let you know what to expect.