City Women Network (CWN), is one of the longest-standing women’s networks in the UK founded in 1978. From its intentional beginnings, today CWN remains committed to providing a secure, collegial environment where our members can grow their professional networks and allies and succeed through collaboration.
CWN is a charitable, vi brant com munity for professional and businesswomen to Connect, Contribute and Grow. CWN today continues to evolve as a membership organisation that is passionate about strengthening the chain of female leadership and advocating difference in the workplace for the benefit of our members in business and wider society.
CWN serves around 220+ individual and corporate business partners and our Board is comprised of six committees:
Marketing & Communications, Event & Strategy, External Relations, Inclusion & Belonging, Membership and Operations.
Each committee focuses on planning and implementing a range of professional development, membership, social and charitable initiatives to support the core functions of our organisation.
About the role:
Our Marketing and Communications Committee is currently looking for a VOLUNTEER INTERN for 6-12 months, to dedicate some of their time managing and contributing on a range of marketing activities:
● Creating editorial content for our social media and website
● Developing social media content that brings our work to life through storytelling
● Promoting our mission on LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and other relevant platforms
● Monitoring and reporting our online reach and SEO analytics
● Creating publications, newsletters to keep our corporate and individual members informed and engaged
● Support with general marketing administrative activity, such as data cleanse and review of creative tooling
If you are a driven and curious university or college student studying marketing, communications, journalism OR You have a passion for Marketing and you have taken yourself through self-study but yet to put your learning into practice, then this might be a perfect starting work experience for you!
We are looking for a driven, ambitious and creative individual. Someone looking to make an impact with fresh ideas. Some mentoring and on the job support will be provided, but you must come to the role with relevant marketing experience.
What we will offer:
- You will be enrolled in the Rising Star Programme which will give you access to:
○ Dynamic Marcomms team, which at the moment is five members
○ Coaching and mentoring from our experienced leadership Marcomms professionals
○ Opportunity to be part of a number of events and workshops
- Flexibility to manage your own hours and be based anywhere
- Enhance your resume profile by contributing to a busy charitable organisation in its commitment to female leaders, wellbeing and inclusion & belonging in the UK
If you are interested in volunteering please email us by clicking APPLY by 22nd of May and we will be in touch.
CWN is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity voluntary organisation. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for this role without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.