Pro- Rata to £17,004 - £18,500 per annum (£3910.92-£4255 actual)
about 1 month ago
We are looking for a dynamic individual to assist our Lecturers and Course Leaders in the delivery of the managed learning of students on our Digital Media provision.
Location: Access Creative College Bristol
Job Type: Part-time, Permanent
Hours: 8.5 hours per week
Salary: Pro- Rata to £17,004 - £18,500 per annum (£3910.92-£4255 actual)
Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Occupational Sick Pay, Enhanced Maternity Paternity and Adoption Pay, Enhanced Annual Leave, Sabbatical Leave, Teacher-Training, Employee Recognition Awards
Who are we?
Access Creative College is more than just a college; we are a hub for young creative entrepreneurs who are shaping the future of the creative industries. Now in our 28th academic year and serving more than 2000 learners across our seven UK based Centres over Levels 1-5, Access Creative College has a well-established reputation for music courses. We’ve been part of Ed Sheeran, Rita Ora and JP Cooper’s journey to stardom. For the past three years, we have been striving to provide that same well-respected education to a new generation of gamers, photographers and media lovers.
Our prime focus is to nurture talent, desire, and determination. We’re looking for someone who is passionate enough to want to share their knowledge and experience with active and hungry young minds.
What is the role?
The successful candidate will supervise students on Access Creative College Media programmes with the development of their practical skills. This will include helping students to use technology, to explain set work and to help solve problems.
You will work alongside dedicated teachers and support staff delivering high quality and inclusive teaching and learning. You will contribute to Business success through creating a positive climate and setting high expectations in relation to standards of student achievement and the quality of teaching support.
You will have:
- An appropriate technical qualification to NVQ Level 3 or equivalent
- GCSE at grade C or above in English and Maths
- Good communication skills
- Commitment to safeguarding
- Ability to relate to diverse teaching groups
- Commitment to learner success
- Commitment to team building and development
- Commitment to continuing professional development
- Good administrative skills
- Understanding of equality and diversity within the curriculum, barriers to learning and strategies to overcome these
- An appropriate teaching qualification at level 3
- Practical Media industry experience
- Experience of working in education in a post 16 setting.
- Knowledge and use of ILT
What can we do for you?
- Being a learning advisor can be a stepping stone to a career in teaching and give you a taste of both practical skills application in an education setting and an opportunity to add value from your own experience.
- For unqualified teaching applicants, we can offer you financial and social support to complete a teacher training course that is transferable throughout the Further Education sector.
- We can build your career through our progression channels, whether growing as a teacher and becoming a leader or moving into one of our industry-focused departments, e.g. Partnerships, Employability or Enrichment.
- We can give you the flexibility to continue with your passion outside of work if you wish to do so.
- With Access Creative College you’ll be working daily with extremely talented tutors providing you with opportunities to collaborate and make new connections.
Applications to reach us by 28th August 2020. Please note that interviews may take place before the closing date.
Access Creative College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure & Barring Service.
Access Creative College is committed to promoting a culture of Diversity and Inclusivity for all our employees and potential employees. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds. In recognition of our commitment, we would particularly encourage applications from groups who are currently under-represented, which are those from the Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities and People with Disabilities and Women.