We are looking for an experienced, dynamic teacher with specialist skills to deliver on and develop our Media course.
Position: Digital Media Lecturer
Location: Access Creative College Manchester, M1 5BW
Job type: Part Time, Permanent
Hours: 15 hours per week
Salary: £19,500 to £23,800 per annum pro rata (£7,800 - £9,520 actual)
Who are we?
Access Creative College is more than just a college; we are a hub for young creative entrepreneurs who are shaping the future of the creative industries.
Now in our 26th academic year and serving more than 2000 learners across our seven UK based Centres over Levels 1-5, Access Creative College has a well-established reputation for music courses. We’ve been part of Ed Sheeran, Rita Ora and JP Cooper’s journey to stardom. For the past two-years, we have been striving to provide that same well-respected education to a new generation of gamers, photographers and media lovers.
Our prime focus is to nurture talent, desire, and determination. We’re looking for someone who is passionate enough to want to share their knowledge and experience with active and hungry young minds.
What is the role?
Working with the centre team and Curriculum Manager for Media, you will take responsibility for the development and delivery of our provision, from coordinating resources and managing student activities to developing industry links and course marketing, working at the core of the student experience. You will work amongst experienced, passionate tutors as well as within a support service provided by our Central Team.
Industry-specific experience, skills and knowledge required
- Current and relevant industry / sector knowledge.
- Industry experience or a degree in a relevant subject.
- Experience of working in the Media sector.
- Experience with practices and workflows used in the industry.
- Extensive knowledge of digital media - digital audio/video, digital imaging, social networking, animation, web design etc.
What can we do for you?
- For unqualified teaching applicants, we can offer you financial and social support to complete a teacher training course that is transferable throughout the Further Education sector.
- We can build your career through our progression channels, whether growing as a teacher and becoming a leader or moving into one of our industry-focused departments, e.g. Partnerships, Employability or Enrichment.
- We can give you the flexibility to continue with your passion outside of work if you wish to do so.
- With Access Creative College you’ll be working daily with other extremely talented tutors providing you with opportunities to collaborate and make new connections.
If you are passionate about creativity, with experience in the Media industry, and would relish the opportunity to develop and lead a unique and engaging curriculum, then we are keen to meet you.
You may have experience of the following: Course Manager, Creative Media, Digital Media, Teacher, Media Lecturer, Lecturer, Senior Lecturer, Course Design, Education, Teacher, Mentor, Tutor, Teaching, CTLLS, etc.
Access Creative College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure application to the Disclosure & Barring Service.
Access Creative College is committed to promoting a culture of Diversity and Inclusivity for all our employees and potential employees. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds. In recognition of our commitment, we would particularly encourage applications from groups who are currently under-represented, which are those from the Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities and People with Disabilities and Women.