Digital Media Technician
About the role
Here at Babcock International we're looking to recruit a Digital Media Technician to be responsible for the filming area of the team in creating, filming and editing instructional videos and educational films, in addition to owning the data aspects of the team for KPI reporting and overall tracking of the team's digital output through LMS reporting. This role will utilise the learner data obtained from the LMS to drive innovation, presenting these to the client.
The role will be based at the BMW Academy just outside Reading where we provide fully managed training services across technical and non-technical apprenticeships, as well as pioneering further development programmes.
Key Responsibilities will also include:
* First line contact and day to day management and project management of Academy filming for the purpose of web based training
* Filming, editing, exporting and publishing films with support from the E-Learning and Media Assistant.
* First line contact for the Media Team's data for use in KPI reporting; to use the same data to support the Digital Development Manager and E-Learning and Media assistant in identifying online training gaps and innovations.
* To design and publish highly visual graphics on to the BMW Group Retailer Hub.
What do I need to do the role?
* Demonstrable experience of managing filming projects
* Experience of working with various types of media
* Experience of using different applications to edit media - ideally Adobe (After Effects, Premiere Pro)
* Computer/IT literate for the purpose of data reporting
What else do I need to know?
* Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants: https://www.babcockinternational.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Babcock-Guidance-for-Applicants.pdf
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please check our career website for more information. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and we will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.