A fantastic opportunity has arisen in the Digital IT – Web & Mobile team based in London. We require a Test Engineer to drive forward the testing as part of a Agile development team.
You will work with Customers, Solution Designers, Developers, Business Analysts, Environment and Deployment teams to develop and test functionality on our web applications. You will contribute to the delivery of complex solutions working in Agile development teams.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Performing testing across various web & mobile applications ensuring quality is at the forefront of our deliveries
- Contributing to designing solutions that meet the strategic requirements of our business.
- Identifying improvement opportunities such as test automation or technical innovations to increase the quality and efficiency of delivery.
- Providing technical expertise and collaborating in teams operating across both the UK and globally.
Essential Knowledge and Skills
To be considered for this role you will be:
- Self motivated
- Self organised
- Able to work individually, as part of a co-located team or as part of a distributed global team.
- A strong communicator
- Passionate about quality Software
- Troubleshooting skills and attention to detail
- Be able to drive testing solutions as part of an Agile Delivery team
- Ability to pick up technical tasks related to digital testing such as code deployments / automated testing / Cloud Testing
Desirable Knowledge and Skills
The successful candidate will ideally have commercial experience in a number of the following areas:
- Experienced in testing web & mobile applications including (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer v11, Safari, iOS, Android and Windows)
- Knowledge of modern software engineering practices, such as Test Driven Development, Behaviour Driven Development & Continuous Integration.
- Comfortable writing Gherkin style Acceptance Tests
- Service Virtualisation
- Agile delivery experience / knowledge (Scrum, including Agile ceremonies and Kanban)
- Experienced with test tools such as Selenium, Zephyr(JIRA) & Visual Studio, Confluence
- Git source control management
- Experienced with test automation frameworks
- ISTQB Advanced Test Analyst certification
- ISTQB Advanced Technical Test Analyst certification
What will you get for this role?
- Competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Minimum holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Vicky Gianre n the Resourcing team on 0117 928 4420.