Would you like the opportunity to positively influence staff welfare and diversity and inclusion success across the business?
Do you have proven experience of effectively influencing and offering advice on all things HR at a senior level?
If so, we would love to hear from you!
ResponsibilitiesYour responsibilities will include, but not be limited to;
- Chairing the MCA people committee, with a range of staff across all disciplines of the MCA, ensuring that they are driving forward positive and inclusive behaviours
- Responsibility for the delivery of our People Strategy, along with promoting Cultural change, Leadership Development, Talent management, Succession Planning and Diversity improvements.
- Ensuring that we provide a working environment that is safe for all, by actively monitoring all aspects of our emergency services work and making sure it aligns with relevant Health and Safety legislation, mitigating risk when use of dangerous equipment is required.
- Broadly contributing to the collective leadership and growth of capability within all functions.
For a comprehensive list of responsibilities, please refer to the attached Role Profile.
With proven experience of working in a senior HR position within a complex organisation, you will be comfortable in staying up to date on HR legislation, having an understanding of the importance of doing so. You will have also made a significant contribution forming a broad, strategic agenda for your organisation. You will then have successfully enabled the organisation to deliver against that agenda, through the capable leadership of your function
You'll have a natural flair for building positive, trusting relationships and for communicating in a personable way with others regardless of seniority. This approach will make it easy for you to get involved with day to day tasks / projects and provide some hands on support where necessary.
By remaining highly visible to others and offering reliable support, you'll quickly tune-in to those around you; acknowledging concerns or skills gaps early on. Your ability to consistently engage at the right level when implementing change, will ensure buy in and success in implementing changes to positively improve the efficiency of current working practices. As a confident and inspiring Leader, you actively promote the development of your staff.
Your proactive approach to work allows you to easily identify potential risks and enable you to remain focussed on future proofing the working environment.
The Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA) implements the government's maritime safety policy in the United Kingdom and works to prevent the loss of life and occurrence of pollution on the coast and at sea.
Safer lives, Safer ships, Cleaner seas.
Our vision is to be the best maritime safety organisation in the world.
Find out what it's like to work at the Maritime and Coastguard Agency
We are part of the Department for Transport (DfT). DfT is a great place to work, and our ‘one team’ approach really makes a difference. We value our staff and that’s why we’re committed to nurturing an inclusive environment across the Department.
You’ll be part of an innovative organisation that invests in all our people, ensuring we have the diverse skills to deliver transport that moves Britain ahead now and into the future.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Communicating and Influencing
- Changing and Improving
- Seeing the Big Picture
- Managing a Quality Service
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Civil Service HR Technical Framework Level 4